• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

It was just one of those days on the river...

With only one day a week that I can fish, I like to take advantage and get out on the river. With the rain that my area received yesterday I was expecting some fresh fish and was not disappointed. Third drift, float down! nice 4-5 lb chrome bullet, as I was landing the fish my feet slipped out from under me which lead me to a nice seat in the cold water. After some help from some fellows anglers my ego was hurt and my bow was back on her way. One of those days...

Fishing was slow the rest of the day,personally hooked 4 fish however not a single fish landed between the 4 of us.

Stories were told and tips were shared. These are the days that I enjoy on the river, I would take one like this over any multi fish day that leaves me hating the people beside me.

Thought I would share my story, does any one else feel this way or is it just me.

#2 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's just you with the falling part but yeah I can relate to the company and stories. :-)

#3 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I can totally relate to that (the part about falling) haha

#4 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Fallen in many times over the years. Its not always about catching fish, Just the satisfacation of getting out is all I need, And to meet new people and enjoy good conversation makes it all that much more enjoyable

#5 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

if the fish hit shore, you landed imo, i count anything i beach as landed. cause most the time i rather not really touch the trout's slime as  best as i can, unless it is massive, nicely colour, blinding chrome  that i am taking a picture of.

#6 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yeah the fish was landed beautiful and chrome super fresh, just unhooked it with my hemos. That's when I fell in! The bank we were fishing is a concrete ramp that gets pretty slippery when wet (some of you will know where I'm talking about)

#7 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Ya I call that slope by the tracks (idiot rock) cause 99% of the people that fish there are idiots,loogans and everything in between lol and yes it does get slippery and yes IR4Jflyfishing I agree about the social aspect and hay its called fishing not catching I have days like you described sometimes too but hay a so called bad day fishing is better than a good day at work and hay I wouldn't rather a day like that over catching a tonne of fish lol and if you find yourself hating the guys around you on the river then just sit back do some "paper work" light it up and enjoy that's what I do lol and I'm not saying you are an idiot if you fish there but most are imo

#8 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeah the fish was landed beautiful and chrome super fresh, just unhooked it with my hemos. That's when I fell in! The bank we were fishing is a concrete ramp that gets pretty slippery when wet (some of you will know where I'm talking about)

i know where your talking about lol ive fallen many times there, the problem is that when the concrete wall ends its like a deep 7ft hole 

#9 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

lol you fell down that slab? lmao

#10 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

that hole is deep. I wouldn't wanna fall down there knowing there are lunkers crusin around. Sometimes I get freaked out swimming in lakes with musky too.. same deal lol

#11 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

It was more of a feet come out from under me and now im sitting on the flat extension out from the "slab". 

This reason I like to fish that pool is because it is deep, probably one of the deeper pools around where I live. 7ft is a bit extreme, maybe 5ft at its deepest

#12 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

It was more of a feet come out from under me and now im sitting on the flat extension out from the "slab". 

This reason I like to fish that pool is because it is deep, probably one of the deeper pools around where I live. 7ft is a bit extreme, maybe 5ft at its deepest

ive checked, its 7ft. i just tossed out a 12ounce weight and chucked it into the deep part and lifted my rod to see how deep it was, i hate wading knowing there these monstor fish swimmimg around in the water 

#13 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I was there today! lol

#14 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

at one point in our lives didn't we slip on those? Even the guys I know who has frequented that spot over the years still managed to fall a few times. In hunt of the great chrome...I'd say I have gone far as to driving home on my boxers below 0 degrees yet can't keep the grin on my face after fighting chromes.

#15 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Its the big water that scares me. Going for a swim in fast water that's over your head is not a pleasant thing, and you have a good chance of loosing your rod.

#16 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Its the big water that scares me. Going for a swim in fast water that's over your head is not a pleasant thing, and you have a good chance of loosing your rod.

same here. Priority for me is getting good footing balance. I don't mind losing $300 to $500 worth of gear just to be able to fish again.

#17 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

my lucky rod saved me more than once

#18 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I have waded the Geen, lower niagra and the sue algoma rapids with absolutely no problem but once I'm on the darn slope I can't stand straight

#19 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have waded the Geen, lower niagra and the sue algoma rapids with absolutely no problem but once I'm on the darn slope I can't stand straight

#20 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

where would you wade in lower niagara, wouldnt it just give you a couple extra feet