Photo

2nd Annual OFF Outing -- NEW DATE NOV 8-10!

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#1 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

It's official, book your hotels or buy yourself a really really good sleeping bag. NOV 8-10 we will be

meeting at the Geen for the 2nd annual OFF outing.

PM me if you need help finding the rendezvous point.

**any fish entered in the competition must be released**

The prize period will be on Sunday, actual time TBD. (must be present to claim prize)

I will be bringing my portable BBQ free for anyone to use to grill up some mid day snacks,

I will be there Saturday/Sunday for sure and hopefully Friday as well. The trailer park seems like the best meeting spot to me, it worked well last year. If you are parking in the park please pay for parking, its very reasonably priced so there is no reason not to!

DSCF0576_zps0ca5d34d.jpg

Excited yet?!!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsors and Prize Packages

Fisheads Canada

www.fishheadscanada.net

Biggest Fish 

Raven Prize Pack  

- 100 pk. Raven Hooks

- 3 pk. Raven Leader 4.5, 5.6 & 6.8 lb

- 7 part Split Shot Dispenser

- 4 pk. Assorted Free Roe Floats 

- 25 pk. Raven Micro Swivels

- 1 Spool Raven Main Line 

- Fishheads Canada Hat

Most Fish Pictures From One Person

Trout Beads / Free Roe Float Prize Pack

- 10 Assorted Trout Bead Packs

-  20 Free Roe Floats 2 of each style and size

- Fishheads Canada Hat

Most Garbage Collected 

Fishheads Canada Fly Rod Collection

-Three Pack Of Fishheads Canada Fly Rods 4wt, 5wt & 6wt

Amundson

www.amundson.ca

Assorted Package of Amundson Floats

Rainbow Sports Waterloo

www.rainbowsports.ca

$50 Rainbow Sports Gift Card

#2 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

hell ya buddy cant wait!! trini and cjr hope you guys can make it 

#3 Mobious

Mobious

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I am super excited to meet some people as obsessed as I am ...

like a reverse support group -ha ! 

Question - are some of you guys really staying over? Sleeping in a car? Motel? I hope to make it saturday evening - sunday all day. 

Disclaimer : I fly fish for resident trout, and I will by then have float fished twice / maybe three times.

I have never hooked one, I am hoping some tips from the pro's will help me out! :)

#4 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

hell ya buddy cant wait!! trini and cjr hope you guys can make it 

Work. FK. 

#5 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

As I mentioned before I have a connection with one of the motels up there. I did the roof years ago and it still doesn't leak. The owner gave us a great rate last year. I will be calling at the start of next week to book rooms. If anyone is interested send me a PM. Right now I am looking for one room for the guys I will be up there with, but maybe I can help out some others too. It is nothing special but what do we want? A place to sleep and shower. Pretty sure they have some Bbqs too. Close to Timmies.

Like I said if you want me to see if we can get a better deal, PM. I will probably call Monday or Tuesday. It would also be good if some of us were at the same place so we could get together in the evening and have a beverage and Bbq, I think.

Alfie.

#6 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Ill be there ^ Cant wait. Tested out the new pin today, Everything ready to go. The wife tied about 100 roe bags for me tonight!

#7 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ill be there ^ Cant wait. Tested out the new pin today, Everything ready to go. The wife tied about 100 roe bags for me tonight!

A few for me maybe?

Alfie.

#8 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

As I mentioned before I have a connection with one of the motels up there. I did the roof years ago and it still doesn't leak. The owner gave us a great rate last year. I will be calling at the start of next week to book rooms. If anyone is interested send me a PM. Right now I am looking for one room for the guys I will be up there with, but maybe I can help out some others too. It is nothing special but what do we want? A place to sleep and shower. Pretty sure they have some Bbqs too. Close to Timmies.

Like I said if you want me to see if we can get a better deal, PM. I will probably call Monday or Tuesday. It would also be good if some of us were at the same place so we could get together in the evening and have a beverage and Bbq, I think.

Alfie.

Sweet offer Alfie. Money is tight right now so if I cant get my buddy to let me use his family cottage i'll be sleeping in the car again. 

The wife tied about 100 roe bags for me tonight!

you got yourself a keeper there.

#9 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Sounding good NADO...

Only thing I don't like is the idea about having to be there on Sunday to be entitled to the prizes. 

I'm gonna try for Friday and Saturday...

#10 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sounding good NADO...

Only thing I don't like is the idea about having to be there on Sunday to be entitled to the prizes. 

I'm gonna try for Friday and Saturday...

Ya its unfortunate for those who cant make it on the Sunday but shipping costs on prizes would be too much.

#11 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

So I propose that if a name gets called on Sunday another member that knows or lives close to the winner can carry it for them?

#12 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'll see what we can do, pictures of the winners with the prizes is something we were hoping for as well. The most important thing is that we all get out have a good time and catch some fish!

#13 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Could save a lot of hassle and donate all the prizes to me!

Can't wait for this, 1 week to go!

#14 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

So I propose that if a name gets called on Sunday another member that knows or lives close to the winner can carry it for them?

Liking this idea...don't wanna be robbed for gettin the biggest fish now... :mrgreen:

#15 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Liking this idea...don't wanna be robbed for gettin the biggest fish now... :mrgreen:

Flossing Din't count hehehe

#16 Odoyle

Odoyle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

If i didnt have plans already .... id be in ...... went last year and was awesome

Oh yea   IM BACK !!!!! LOL

#17 ALN

ALN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

omggg odoyle! where have you been! LOL im still waiting on my boss to see if he ill let me take the weekend off! hope he does!

#18 Odoyle

Odoyle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

haha  ya man  im back .... been a rough year .... but ive been fishing :)   ive yet to land a steelhead ..... but landed a dozen slamo's from willy

went out yesterday morning .... went 0-3 all were nice sized steels ..... aw wellz ... next time ....

#19 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Ok we are getting close to the event..time we start to organize things.

I think a headcount is in order. Then we can get this going privately.

We don't want anyone missing the group this time so we should arrange a meeting spot at 1 or 2 intervals per day for anyone arriving and to grab a quick bite ...

#20 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Still got room in the car for anyone coming from west GTA.

anyone else going up thursday?