• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 coldfeet

coldfeet

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've been getting in the habit of bringing a garbage bag and gloves and picking up trash when I hit the river, figure if enough people see it being done it might encourage others to at least be more conscientious about taking their trash out with them. Amazing what gets left behind, this morning found a huge bag that had roe in it that must have been there a while, because it was full of maggots too. The usual discarded mono which can be fatal for waterfowl and other birds, packages from hooks, lures, shot, etc., empty beer cans bottles, plastic bags and oh so many waterbottles. A piece of metal fencing. Disappointing to see how lazy people can be . Walk in trash out. It's simple really and ten minutes does wonders. Keep Ontario beautiful

#2 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Ya I try to do the same thing. There's one spot I fish at that I always clean up, and when I go back there's always garbage there again. Pretty pathetic especially when there's a garbage can 200 feet away. I try to fish secluded areas more because im tired of seeing garbage laying around

#3 coldfeet

coldfeet

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Keep up the fight buddy, I don't understand how one can call themselves an outdoorsman if you leave garbage behind, gives all anglers a bad name

#4 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Great idea. 

I don't get out too much this time of year but dead honest with you, I'll start bringing a small grocery bag to clean up before I leave from now on. So simple but a great idea. 

#5 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I don't understand how one can call themselves an outdoorsman if you leave garbage behind, gives all anglers a bad name

No kidding. My outdoorsey, but non-fishing friends blame any thrash they see on fishermen. Trying to explain to them that it's just a small, but lazy,  minority is to blame doesn't always convince them. what gets me is the empty cans---do they get some much heavier when empty that they can't be carried out.

#6 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

all my garbage goes in my bag and into the nearest garbage bin, i was fishing next to a garbage bin and some guy next to me threw his mono in the water

#7 Jan

Jan

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nice to find a few people with a heart and a brain in this forum. THANKS!!! for cleaning BUDDIES THANKS!!! again from mother nature

#8 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I posted topic like this in the past and I'm sure that other members have done this in the past. I always carry a bag with me when i'm fishing, before i leave the site my bag is full of garbage of all kinds. I will keep doing this any time I go fishing.   

#9 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I really didn't think much of this until my dad took me places for bass fishing when we was young and now they are just absolutely filled with trash and talking to some cottage owners and them saying that fish population on their own lakes are low. 

DO what we can. I was never big on the environment and stuff but fishing really changed my perspective on this. 

lets do what we can. 

#10 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

It will be nice to see this forum to have Pollutants section that a new members or guests will need to read on before having an access, some of the reasons why we see this garbages the way I see It, were coming from frustrated noob fishermen, they go to CT get their licenses, buy their lures or baits, they registered to OFF or as a guest, they look on tips and they try it out there. Out of frustrations without enough experience and knowledge on fishing, environments, pollutants they leave their garbages behind on lakes and rivers. This is internet, people now a days look on the internet on almost everything. Little bit of education on pollutants and it's effects on fish will help.

#11 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

X2 on the pollutants section