• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

yeah what are the chances, good on ya bro, some more karma fish comin your way eh ?

#22 David Parker

David Parker

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Well there you have it! There actually are some honest fishermen out there. Losing ones gear by accident and then having it returned to you are almost unheard of these days. Certainly made the day for both members here...............well done Rusty420!

#23 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

So you were the 3 cats we passed by last night. Guys learn this as a lesson the majority of guys out there are animals and will jack your stuff immediately. Always keep your gear on your at all times or at minimal at least with in view. I have lost stuff before and it sucks. Glad we got it back to your and all is well. There are fish in there they are just hard to find. I frequent that location send me a PM and we can exchange contact

p.s. GET OUT OF MY WATER LOL jk

#24 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

What r the odds! Good for both of you.

#25 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

About 130$ worth of gear in a bag

Whats the back story?  Did you forget it or did someone take it and Rusty was able to recover it?

I always bring my backpack with me and I would hate it if someone grabbed it when I wasnt looking.

#26 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I found out on the side if the river. Took it home. Posted it on here and within 25 mins guiga10 messaged me. Great ending. Lol

#27 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Amazing ending!

Sucks loosing gear.

Couple years ago I had 2 tackleboxes stolen. I was more heart broken over it since my deceased uncle had given me one full tackle box.

#28 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

How the heck did giuga lose $100 + gears? fighting fish perhaps? That is awesome. Wish everyone would do the same. Rusty, I wish you're always in the river...just so incase I lose my gear...good man.

#29 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Wish more fishermen were like Rusty !

#30 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

So you were the 3 cats we passed by last night. Guys learn this as a lesson the majority of guys out there are animals and will jack your stuff immediately. Always keep your gear on your at all times or at minimal at least with in view. I have lost stuff before and it sucks. Glad we got it back to your and all is well. There are fish in there they are just hard to find. I frequent that location send me a PM and we can exchange contact

p.s. GET OUT OF MY WATER LOL jk

+1

Learn this quick...Don't we all wish there's a Rusty out there when we fish? A couple of years. I was on a trail...probably 1 week after trout opener. just drifting and a lot of people were passing behind me. as soon as I hooked one up. fish dragged me about 10 feet from where i was originally. 5 minutes later. lost the fish. walked back only to find my backpack is gone. Never again. Using a sling now. and I pack lightly.

#31 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

How the heck did giuga lose $100 + gears? fighting fish perhaps? That is awesome. Wish everyone would do the same. Rusty, I wish you're always in the river...just so incase I lose my gear...good man.

my hook tackle box alone costs 100 dollars, my mini hard bait cost 150, my weight and  bobber cost around 50. 100 dollar tackle box is not that rare.

#32 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

lol i always find rusty when i go fishin, now i can safely walk away from my gear 

#33 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I wasn't using anything in the bag at the time so I left it on the bank, as my cousins moved downstream I followed forgetting to get the bag.

#34 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'll vote for Rusty as Lost and found officer :mrgreen: ....  I will suggest to everyone to have your names and number you can be reach at on your Cellphones wallpaper or backgrounds, tag you're bags with names and number you be can reach at as well. I lost my CP last year, I forgot on top of my car, drove around, 3 days after someone called me at home looking for me and asked me to pick up my cell at their home, lucky me .... and It was that name and contact number that I put on my wallpaper that saved me. There are still good guys around, some don't know where and how to return the lost and found goods to the owner. 

#35 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Nice work Rusty. Real real real good guy. I would have been unsure with what to do with it.

#36 Float_On

Float_On

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Found a men's medium Simms long sleeve underarmour type of shirt a few outings ago.

PM if you lost something like this and where....

I was pretty sure I knew the owner but they had left by the time I made it back downstream...

#37 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

There should be a thread full of lost and founds, where you can post if you lost or found any gear or whatever in hopes it'll find its way back. I'm gonna start one.

#38 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Bravo :D

#39 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts