• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kickisasssebas

kickisasssebas

Sunfish

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

"Well if I could on put it together when it matters" This is what sums up my year....I had amazing days pre fishing and fun fishing before a tournament. During the tournaments nothing went has it should.

Sunday I had a tournemant out of barrie. 27 boats. I was on fish unlike most people. I knew I could easily bring in a limit on a tough day...well nope I was short one fish and even then it wouldn't of even help has I had 2 decent 4.5+ fish and 2 ridicoulous dinks. My partner for this tournament was a friend who has never fished a tournament...he probably fishes 2-3 weekend a year...max. He was all excited when We had 4 fish because everyone that would pass by us would shake their head and say they didn have a bite yet and that was 1 hour before weighing. I kept telling him...Trust me guys are gonna show up with some monster bags don't worry about those who don't catch em...There is always someone that will come in with a Big bag no matter the conditions lol.

Our main problem is that people saw us catch fish right away in the A.M and we got swarmed by unethical anglers would come right on our spot and ask us if it was ok if they fish there..... {C}crying.gif{C} {C}blink.gif{C} {C}blink.gif{C} {C}thumbdown.gif{C} Well to F, N, Late why would you even ask us when you already Dropped your ANCHOR....While you have a trolling motor?!? LOLLL ...So we had to battle with some ignorance but again, we don't own the lake...once we stop catching they left an hour or two later and we would get hit again....then same thing would happen.

Today I went out. Dispite being busy I managed to squeeze 2 hours of fishing...being a bit thicked off by those smallies who have been treating me so well all year during practice or fun fishing but not so much during tournament...It was time for me to sting some lips!

I managed to catch a couple fish but with only 2 hours to fish I'm happy with the result who would of beat my results of sunday for 7hours of fishing....

hammer.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
post-1-1383094995.jpg 

#2 AGMartin

AGMartin

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sounds like a great time, i can't imagine the tournament atmosphere tho..

Very nice fish, nice and fat!

Thanks for sharing

#3 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Nice chunky smallmouth!

#4 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

You shouldn't post this Bro.  It can Diggest and dissolve Hooks within 24 hours...  Lots of Noobs are checking on this site. You don't want to tell Noobs that It's OK to leave hooks in the Bass or other fish species.   

#5 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Nice smallie. Tournament fishing must be tough...

Lure - Lets keep some threads separate. Don't go chasing a fight.

#6 kickisasssebas

kickisasssebas

Sunfish

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

You shouldn't post this Bro.  It can Diggest and dissolve Hooks within 24 hours...  Lots of Noobs are checking on this site. You don't want to tell Noobs that It's OK to leave hooks in the Bass or other fish species.   

It's a lot safer to leave a hook in a fishes gills and stomach then try to Remove. What you are saying is the MOST common mistake anglers do...if the fish is hooked deeply or in the gills...cut the hooks and leave them there. MULTIPULE studies have proven this works helping the life and recovery of the fish in the long run! Maybe before pointing the finger at someone you should do some research and get educated

#7 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Nice fatty there bro

nice story too thanks for sharing!

good quick read on the way out the door haha

#8 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's a lot safer to leave a hook in a fishes gills and stomach then try to Remove. What you are saying is the MOST common mistake anglers do...if the fish is hooked deeply or in the gills...cut the hooks and leave them there. MULTIPULE studies have proven this works helping the life and recovery of the fish in the long run! Maybe before pointing the finger at someone you should do some research and get educated

I'd been fishing for many years before I registered in this forum, I know the drill, you did not mention about "cutting the hook" in your post. I'd done a lot of research and have my education, I dissected sick fishes in the past, I'd seen whole soft baits not digested, tubes skirts not digested, chatter baits skirts not digested, rubbers, I wasn't an OFF member yet that time. Next time i'll see those I would take a pictures and show you guys. Dissolve hooks within 24 hrs. It's not an education to me. If the fish is hooked deeply or in the gills...cut the hooks and leave them there, I agree with this, this is how it's suppose to be done, fish will spit the hook out eventually. I'm a big fan of your videos/tourny but don't bring you're frustrations here bro. just like any pro there are good days and bad days. GL!

#9 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Nice smallie. Tournament fishing must be tough...

Lure - Lets keep some threads separate. Don't go chasing a fight.

Thanx Noob, this site is an access to new (noob) and old fisher people now a days, Internet. My intention is to let anyone learn right, no misinterpretation at all in reading any post. I post in the past some tips about which sinkers to use when you run out of and I seen it on one of the rivers, I was glad that readers make use of that but I didn't like that part that they left it there on the river. Another example are the lures that I posted, people use that too on one of the lakes, never seen that before on that lake but i didn't like that part that they left their junks.   

#10 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanx Noob, this site is an access to new (noob) and old fisher people now a days, Internet. My intention is to let anyone learn right, no misinterpretation at all in reading any post.

Sounds good!

I post in the past some tips about which sinkers to use when you run out of and I seen it on one of the rivers, I was glad that readers make use of that but I didn't like that part that they left it there on the river. Another example are the lures that I posted, people use that too on one of the lakes, never seen that before on that lake but i didn't like that part that they left their junks. 

I don't understand what you are saying...

#11 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Sounds good!

I don't understand what you are saying...

I used the word Noob for newbie ... nothing to do with you at all ... as per my quote, I was talking about using a rock wrap in net as a sinker but I see that another fisherman left that on one of the rivers. 

#12 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

I used the word Noob for newbie ... nothing to do with you at all ... as per my quote, I was talking about using a rock wrap in net as a sinker but I see that another fisherman left that on one of the rivers. 

I know what the word noob means, hence my tag... I just didn't understand what you were trying to get across saying in the second half because the words were all jumbled... No worries though, understand now.

#13 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I know what the word noob means, hence my tag... I just didn't understand what you were trying to get across saying in the second half because the words were all jumbled... No worries though, understand now.

and you're a musician cool1 ......... fishing is like music... you pick a key high / low and keeps playing a tune and your Fish is a song you finish playing.

#14 kickisasssebas

kickisasssebas

Sunfish

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'd been fishing for many years before I registered in this forum, I know the drill, you did not mention about "cutting the hook" in your post. I'd done a lot of research and have my education, I dissected sick fishes in the past, I'd seen whole soft baits not digested, tubes skirts not digested, chatter baits skirts not digested, rubbers, I wasn't an OFF member yet that time. Next time i'll see those I would take a pictures and show you guys. Dissolve hooks within 24 hrs. It's not an education to me. If the fish is hooked deeply or in the gills...cut the hooks and leave them there, I agree with this, this is how it's suppose to be done, fish will spit the hook out eventually. I'm a big fan of your videos/tourny but don't bring you're frustrations here bro. just like any pro there are good days and bad days. GL!

I don't see any frustration being brought here? but if you want to think I'm frustrated go a head loll

#15 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

great smallie :mrgreen:

#16 PDG

PDG

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

that's a nice fatty

#17 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Nice Smallmouth Bass thanks for the share!

#18 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

nice fish

#19 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts