Photo

What do you think east fishing will be like this weekend?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

I need another shot at a fresh batch of fish. Amazing how they come in right after the rain and barely any come up after that

#22 freshMint

freshMint

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Did anyone have any success today? I am in the 'east' and other than loads of bows in the sanctuary,only saw 1 fish all afternoon..water was super clear,but not too low.everywhere was a pool pretty much.. Any "secrets" to pulling them out in conditions like this?

#23 Porkpie

Porkpie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

The piers at certain tributaries are very consistent for trout at this time of year. Maybe not big numbers all the time but there are some that consistently give up fish! They most certainly aren't "done". And they certainly are more fun than fishing gin clear low water for terrified steelhead. Give it a try! There is always some steelhead to be caught, it's just a matter of how far you want to drive, and how adventurous you are!

#24 steelhead101

steelhead101

Sunfish

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

east has been a waste of time this fall so far, only had a few good days and just to many god darn people. theres fish kicken around but they wont touch a thing after 8 am once the loogans get there fly rods flinging. most sucess has been further towards the mouth's away from the crowds. 

#25 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

what?! I've been hammering them in the east tribs! find some un-preassure pools and you'll catch fish.

#26 Kleiner

Kleiner

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

The piers at certain tributaries are very consistent for trout at this time of year. Maybe not big numbers all the time but there are some that consistently give up fish! They most
certainly aren't "done". And they certainly are
more fun than fishing gin clear low water for
terrified steelhead. Give it a try! There is
always some steelhead to be caught, it's just a
matter of how far you want to drive, and how
adventurous you are!

maybe I'll try fishing the piers, thanks. I haven't had any luck in the rivers. Would you throw the same lures at the piers as you would for salmon? Glow spoons and j13s?

#27 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

maybe I'll try fishing the piers, thanks. I haven't had any luck in the rivers. Would you throw the same lures at the piers as you would for salmon? Glow spoons and j13s?

Id down size too smaller spoons and J11 same colours.

#28 Porkpie

Porkpie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Spoons and spinners work well. I have never caught a trout on a j13, but that's not to say it wouldn't work. Flatfish/quick fish fished very slow can work well in estuary water, and float fishing as well as bottom fishing with floating roe bags can work equally well. Beats watching petrified trout blast around a pool trying to get away from your float!

#29 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'd imagine they would tend to shy away from a lure that size (J-13). Works great on large salmon though.

#30 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Shawarma- how did you make out?

#31 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well, i was up and early and got to the spot with barely any people there.. enough for everybody. but i decide to go upstream cause standing on that wall sucks. 

I didn't want to break down the rod again so i left the trunk open.. and gave the car a bit more gas than i should've and it slammed down on it *sigh*

I pull to the side and it looks fine so i get to the river, first cast.. snnnnnnap.

Got there at 6:15.. Packed up and went home at 7am.

:???:

#32 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

That sucks man. Hopefully you can get it together. Be patient...I won't go back to that place either there are so much pools why even bother standing there?

#33 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

So have we even gotten the major run of fish yet or is it still too early??

#34 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't know of any major runs but often after rain we get to see new batches....they bite more and they fight more. A lot of steels already made it to the promise land... Already found new virgin spots or somebody just cleaned it? Save this for opener.

#35 freshMint

freshMint

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

So true about the rain, I am out east and was lucky enough to be on the water today..huge run came in, there were two other fellas beside me, and truth be told I saw at least twenty solid fish landed,and a good number of large fish lost..just amazing..