• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

I lost a lot before, hooks & worms tipped over by another fisherman, lures, bobbers, cellphone. I learn from those, I checked every now and then.

#22 Tailscales

Tailscales

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

I dunked my bb twice and it came back to life, now I put my htc one in a dollarama phone bag...

biggest loss was a shimano chronarch/ crucial combo by my net man

#23 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

My cellphone while wading, the phone was in my waders pocket, waders got a leak and got my phone soaked...thats why i own a pair of simms now :P

#24 Kleiner

Kleiner

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

At the end of a long fishing day at LSC we were taking all the gear out of the boat and packing it into the vehicle. A buddy of mine left ALL his Muskie lures in the parking lot beside the boat and we took off without noticing. We finally noticed when we were on our way home 2hrs later. Tried calling the marina but they were gone! Probably close to $500 worth :(

#25 finnsskins

finnsskins

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Was in my buddy's boat he's got a ranger bass boat with a 150hp just finish fishing a spot and I forgot to strap down my two rods which had shimano curado on them both we were clipping along and hit a wake by the time we slowed down and turned around they were gone fml

#26 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

when i had my iPhone in my waders pocket, decided to re-tie, finished re-tying left the pocket flipped open, then went under a tree to cross the river, bad idea, gear pocket was full of water, lol, 5 hours in my pocket and 4 hours charging it finally came back to life, almost gave up on the little guy, lol.

#27 mcfly

mcfly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've lost all kinds of tackle, expensive stuff too!  Luckily never got my phone dunked though, I always keep it in a ziplock then placed into the waterproof pocket of my waders.  Seen lots of my friends fall in the creek though, sometimes with DSLR cameras in hand :(

This summer I almost lost a brand new Daiwa Maddraggon Carp rod + Penn baitrunner reel when the baitrunner didn't engage or the line wrapped around the bail guide.  Basically this little 10lb carp smashed my bait and ran so quick my rod ripped off my rod pod and straight into the pond.  Didn't know how deep the pond was, but luckily wasn't too bad.  I jumped in without a moment's notice and finally caught up with my rod about 12' from shore.  That darn fish was still running, luckily I ended up landing it.  People at the park were lookin' at me funny since I was drenched in nasty pond water.  Since the reel was a saltwater design, it rejected the water nicely and didn't need any cleaning that day.  

Still have the pic of that darn carp, which was the first for the brand new rod combo.  That day turned out great, fished about 5-6 hours and landed about a dozen carp.  However, my feet really did not enjoy wet socks

#28 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

lol, now i carry my phone in a ziplock bag in my points pocket under my waders, see i learned from my mistake lol.

#29 JustOneMoreTime

JustOneMoreTime

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

I lost my First Wife to Fishing.

Lost a girlfriend as well.

Thank God I still have Fishing

#30 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Bewick centrepin, $400 down the drain :(

#31 threeparrots

threeparrots

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

I must be lucky.. just beer (can retrieved obviously).

:razz:

#32 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

a pb brown!

#33 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I've lost more fish and lures than I can count----does that count??

re cellphones---you can buy a proper waterproof case rather than rely on ziplocks or $ store stuff.

#34 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

I had some cheap plastic silver fat diver crankbait where the lip was just a continuation of the same plastics on the body all one piece... very cheap looking, no name brand one of a kind that I can never find anywhere now. originally bought it at a small mom and pop tackle shop in parry sound way back when.

thing was amazing for pike which was my fav species at that time. used to make a mess everytime I had it tied on

finally my luck ran out and got it stuck on a snag and never saw it again.. must have caught at least 100 fish with that lure, it was like magic and now the magic is gone boys

disheartening to the max

it still gets me bothered when I think about it as strange as it is

#35 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

I lost my First Wife to Fishing.

Lost a girlfriend as well.

Thank God I still have Fishing

:) 

#36 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

1986 chevy cavalier-used it at the cottage to move boats around-no ebrake--boat launch....bye bye.

LMAOOO this killed me.

I've lost a samsung galaxy when texting over the side of my buddies boat..... she's now my ex girlfriend

#37 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Oh, I have another... Full, to the brim box of flies I had tied the day before opener... Lots of stones, caddis nymphs and intruders... Sat it behind me on a rock to re-tie step out into the river two casts later turned around and they were gone... May have been to the river but most likely someone took them.

#38 allan

allan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

There some really great and honest fellas out there. At the end of a day on Lake Joseph- i was unloading my boat and unknowingly left my large tackle box on the ground beside my van. It was geting dark and i didnt notice it there. I would say i had at least $600 worth of tackle in it. While driving home- my wife called and asked if i had all my stuff- I said " of course i do-Why?" She had gotten a call that a fella up that way  had found it. I was amazed since i didnt have my name or address in it- just my fishing license. This great guy had gone as far as to call the Ministry license # to get them to call my home and let me know. Went up the next day to get it back and leave a small gift of appreciation.

#39 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

last year wading in a river lost my prescription glasses, had them slung over my collar with one arm inside my shirt, after while walking and wading take a glance down oh poop glasses gone.I walked the bank and path hoping to spot them no luck in the water somewhere, Had to drive home before dark as i was still able to half decent.Learned a hard lessson that trip so in the case and int the bag or pack from now on. :blink:

#40 fishrider

fishrider

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

My favorite rod and reel combo to date, given to me as a Christmas gift from my wife is now residing at the bottom of Gloucester Pool :(

It silently skipped off the boat as I was driving it. Lesson learnt on fastening down equipment.