84 replies to this topic

#41 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hehe :D

I used the pack today and loved it! I felt like I wasn't carrying anything at all . Ahhhhhh :)

just wait til you fish an 8-10 hour day, even your wader straps start to feel like they're too heavy

#42 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

just wait til you fish an 8-10 hour day, even your wader straps start to feel like they're too heavy

who needs the gym?

#43 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Nice pic FG you look like a regular old "redneck" girl now!  Welcome to the club.  LOL Also congrats on your first fly rod.... be careful its addictive! 

cheers

#44 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Nice pic FG you look like a regular old "redneck" girl now!  Welcome to the club.  LOL Also congrats on your first fly rod.... be careful its addictive! 

cheers

Thanks BM!  I am over the moon excited to learn fly fishing next spring :)  I gotta keep my eye open for a fitting reel to match!

#45 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thanks BM!  I am over the moon excited to learn fly fishing next spring :)  I gotta keep my eye open for a fitting reel to match!

Yeah just make sure to find one that balances out your setup. Also not sure if you heard but Madriver fly site is done! They shut it down, I guess all the boys could not agree with the direction of the site. ( sucks the site had so much potential ).

Again congrats and tight lines.

#46 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Yeah just make sure to find one that balances out your setup. Also not sure if you heard but Madriver fly site is done! They shut it down, I guess all the boys could not agree with the direction of the site. ( sucks the site had so much potential ).

surprise

#47 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Jmatt you got something to say

[
quote name="JMatt1983" post="296498" timestamp="1386092087"]

surprise[/quote]

#48 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

surprise

:)   I know.............

#49 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

no, just when you have multiple people trying to do things and pull in different directions, it usually doesn't end well

#50 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

GBA and I were actually discussing gear bags yesterday... do you guys like them better than vests?? We weren't sure which we'd like more.

#51 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

While it doesn't really matte anymore but truth be told there was more to it then just pulling in different directions but that's all I'm gonna say about that because it's still a sore spot with me

#52 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Also, the bolded part in your quote should be changed to "some of"... there were some of us unaware of what was going on, and the actions that followed.

#53 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

GBA and I were actually discussing gear bags yesterday... do you guys like them better than vests?? We weren't sure which we'd like more.

yes....you can flip a gear bag to your back, where with a vest, everything is always on the front pockets or on the side

#54 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

no, just when you have multiple people trying to do things and pull in different directions, it usually doesn't end well

Like I said it is ashame the site had lots of potential, the blogs and write ups where really good I enjoyed the site, its to bad all there hard work was for nothing! 

#55 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

yes....you can flip a gear bag to your back, where with a vest, everything is always on the front pockets or on the side

You don't find it has a "bounce" or anything? lol

#56 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Also, the bolded part in your quote should be changed to "some of"... there were some of us unaware of what was going on, and the actions that followed.

i dunno what happened there i can only guess, but lets keep this post on topic an save this for another time

#57 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Sorry for that Mad, did not mean to offend, I for one really liked what you where doing.

cheers.

#58 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

You don't find it has a "bounce" or anything? lol

no, not if you're standing still with the waist pack on sling pack on your back

#59 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

So back to the topic, I prefer a vest, found a pack just didnt "sit" right on me. I use a Simms vest and love it .

#60 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

i dunno what happened there i can only guess, but lets keep this post on topic an save this for another time

Agreed, only if by another time, you mean let's never discuss it again :)

Sorry for that Mad, did not mean to offend, I for one really liked what you where doing.

cheers.

No offense at all taken brotha!

Now, back to sling packs - I need to know if I have another expene coming, so please, keep the discussion a rollin' ;)