http://www.shelburne...ress.ca/?p=4646

#2 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

great news.... Thanks for posting. 

The port credit salmon run was a start and this is a slow process but as long as theres progress. 

#3 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

being 32 over for only 1600, that is not high enough to discourage people. should of taken his vehicle.

#4 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

wait alliston? thats the boyne, isn't it closed? i fish there in the spring for bows in the p.p. but i thought the boyne closes on the last day of sept.? on another note, i have no idea why someone would need 32 trout, thats gonna be very bad for the fishery, probably not gonna fish there on opener now, he probably sells the fish illegally in restaurants, I've seen many guys doing it in the bradford area, 1600 is definently not enough of a fine for being over the limit by 30 fish, he was probably snagging them too, man if the mar did their job done, think of all the laws this guy broke, he should have no less then 40 grand in tickets and a permanent suspension for fishing in canada, they should of taken his car too, man i don't get these officers, when i saw 2 guys fishing for salmon in missisauga in a closed section of the river, i called the mar, they came for the first time, packed the guys in the truck and went off, i was later told that they got suspended from fishing in ontario permanently and their cars were taken away to be put under press, how come the mar didn't do this with this guy? man they just keep on surprising me.

#5 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

wait alliston? thats the boyne, isn't it closed? i fish there in the spring for bows in the p.p. but i thought the boyne closes on the last day of sept.? on another note, i have no idea why someone would need 32 trout, thats gonna be very bad for the fishery, probably not gonna fish there on opener now, he probably sells the fish illegally in restaurants, I've seen many guys doing it in the bradford area, 1600 is definently not enough of a fine for being over the limit by 30 fish, he was probably snagging them too, man if the mar did their job done, think of all the laws this guy broke, he should have no less then 40 grand in tickets and a permanent suspension for fishing in canada, they should of taken his car too, man i don't get these officers, when i saw 2 guys fishing for salmon in missisauga in a closed section of the river, i called the mar, they came for the first time, packed the guys in the truck and went off, i was later told that they got suspended from fishing in ontario permanently and their cars were taken away to be put under press, how come the mar didn't do this with this guy? man they just keep on surprising me.

Alliston is the Notty, which is open. But it is agreed that the fine should have been much harder on the guy.

#6 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Indeed a low fine, very strange. Case of a clueless judge perhaps.

#7 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

oh ok, cuz the boyne joins with the notty there, man i wasn't having much luck in the notty, now I'm definently screwed because of this guy, who just absolutely needs 32 fish, man i just don't understand some people.

#8 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

I really doubt he was snagging, but the fine seems kind of low for keeping 32 over the limit. Only a 3 year suspension too. This guy got it easy.

#9 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Odds are I know where he caught them it's close to alliston but not in it

#10 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

that is BS. should have been 5 grand and his car.

#11 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

that is BS. should have been 5 grand and his car.

at the very least 

#12 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Charges were laid on September 5th, so the season was still open (depending on where he was fishing exactly). If it were closed I would like to believe that the fine would have been a bit more.

#13 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

32 over limit is a lot

#14 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Alliston is the Notty, which is open. But it is agreed that the fine should have been much harder on the guy.

IT is open but C&R only.

#15 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

that should've been 5k and permanent suspension. These are the kinds that don't deserve to fish our waters. 32 'bows? really?

#16 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

The fines were low for sure, there are strict guidelines the M&R have to follow.

$50/fish that is an indication the fish were still alive. As I had said in another thread. I had a lengthy convo with a C.O this year during Zombie season.

the ONLY time they can take your car/vehicle/trailer. Is if the fines cannot be paid, they can hold the vehicle as collateral, nothing more.

Good luck trying to enforce the "no fishing in Ontario" thing for that or any other person. With 2 CO's covering the GTA, if the guy was smart he would find some back waters up north and fish.

#17 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Penalty should be atleast 5K.

#18 Garfield the Cat

Garfield the Cat

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

I wonder just how big the fish was? Small guys like 12" or big steelie size? I know don't matter but, this guy may be just not educated or playing the dumb card. What a lucky guy

#19 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

32 fish in a cooler could not have been berry big fish probably 8-10" smolts ... WBB at its finest and 1600$ is only 50$ a fish not even close to being enough to discourage people from over fishing

#20 gnat

gnat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Wow what does someone do with that many trout? Does anyone know what the MNR does with the fish that were seized? Or any poached game for that matter?