Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

another reason to avoid the east, the list goes on and on lol 

#22 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

ya but i can't say that the g-bay tribs are better, concerning the crowds, i like to fish the east occasionally, i know those spots well, so i like it, but not when a bunch of goons come and overfish the whole area, I'm gonna stick to the g-b ay tribs now before ice.

#23 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

i dont mind going east once in a while but as already mentioned those creeks are severely overpressured as it is, i dont think they can handle a tourny like some of the other steelhead rivers that host tournys. 

#24 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

thats for sure, east is when the other northern tribs are not good, but a tourney in the east is just plain stupid unless you're talking about the belleville are, lol.

#25 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

man i cant fish my home creek for a while now, garbage everywhere and the fish are spooked more than 6 year olds after a halloween haunted house !

#26 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

aw man that sucks, stupid people don't realize that they are trashing the east creeks even more, they get pressured enough without those dang tourneys with a 100 people!

#27 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

This seems messed up... You guys were literally just talking about how little fish are in our eastern ditches, and how the big fall runs blew through... Also, fishing pressured water is a lot of fun, switch up to flys. Plastics, jigs, 6mm beads... Find what fish are hitting!!!

Are you guys worried about how many fish got killed or caught and or spooked?

#28 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

float down you probably haven't seen the trib they were fishing its 3 metres wide and the water is see-through, you can see the fish in the pools, its not like the g-bay tribs where the pools are deep, thats why the fish bite better there, the fish aren't spooked, but when you can see the fish, the fish can for sure see you, so what the fun in that, half of them were probably snagging or flossing the fish, i see it all the time in the east tribs, when they see you they won't bite, in deep water yes, you can switch everything and you will get a hit at some point, but in knee deep water when the fish sees your leader and your hook and most importantly you, it aint gonna bite.

#29 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

I dot think its hypocritical to rant. The east ditches can't hold the same amount of people as the 'green. Not even close. I saw more than 40 cars when I passed by. Didnt even bother to wet a line. Managed a 2lber in 5 hrs of fishing. Think I'm heading out west next week.

#30 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I dot think its hypocritical to rant. The east ditches can't hold the same amount of people as the 'green. Not even close. I saw more than 40 cars when I passed by. Didnt even bother to wet a line. Managed a 2lber in 5 hrs of fishing. Think I'm heading out west next week.

u didnt even bother to wet a line but still caught a 2 pounder?!  darn your good bro hahaha 

#31 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

u didnt even bother to wet a line but still caught a 2 pounder?! darn your good bro hahaha

somethings fishy here

#32 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

u didnt even bother to wet a line but still caught a 2 pounder?!  darn your good bro hahaha 

lol...forgot to mention...i didn't bother to wet a line yesterday seeing more than 40 cars parked....today...5 hrs fishing only 1 chrome landed...only saw one dude in the trib...lot's of water to cover...hiking was ok but man was it cold. got too many hits...seems like they're hitting everything on the menu today. lost one on a pink worm...lost my favorite bead (chartreuse)...too much ice beads on my main line all the way to my leader slowed me down.

#33 JustOneMoreTime

JustOneMoreTime

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like a Lot of PERSONAL GREED talk,  if your ask me.

• Nothing to do with "Conservation"
  • Nothing to do with "Sportmanship"
  • Nothing to do with "Education"

Just plain old:  "The river is all mine,  everyone else is GOONS & LOOGANS ....  all the fish are MINE!

Good luck with that philosophy!

Thankfully, it will never happen.

See you out on the TRIBS.

They are there for ALL to ENJOY.

#34 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Nothing is written in stone I must say...I always try to stay away from the crowd...10 lines in 1 pool is just not my thing....i'd rather do some hiking and have some quiet time...

#35 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

^^^^^^

#36 King_Slayer

King_Slayer

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

We all should be happy that we have the angling opportunities we have. So many options in terms of where to fish and species of fish to catch. Not to many places on earth like what we have here. Some of the tribs are heavily pressured, but luckily there is more than one lake O trib. I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are. If you do your part to practice proper fishing etiquette and conservation, and try to pass it on to younger anglers, then the future will be even better.

#37 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

At the end of he day it's just one trib, the tournament was catch and release. If you gave tight lines your business you would have known about the tournament, I would much rather support them then sail bps ect.... It was on a trib I fish often so if anything I should be mad but I'm not, we are blessed to be in the area that we are with all of the available steelhead water

#38 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

That tourney does less damage than someone keeping their limit of trout every week.

#39 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nothing is written in stone I must say...I always try to stay away from the crowd...10 lines in 1 pool is just not my thing....i'd rather do some hiking and have some quiet time...

This

Ive never gone to the smaller east tribs but it sounds pretty irresponsible.. even if they are all doing everything right its still a lot of stress and pressure..

its hard to give a "proper" release when you gotta measure and snap shots of fish and all that usual tourny stuff.. specially with 100+ guys on a small system.

That tourney does less damage than someone keeping their limit of trout every week.

Debatable.. catching, measuring and snapping photos then releasing.. mortality rates get scary with all that taken into account

if every one there catching fish they would be doing a lot more damage in one day then some guys keeping a fish or so every week imo.

To each their own at the end of the day, that's what the rules are for. but I wouldn't feel good about being a part of something like this myself

not trying to stir up more arguments just getting my thought in on the subject.

#40 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

agreed but now what if those guys went throwing garbage everywhere and improperly releasing all those trout ?