• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

people eat walleye from lake o, people eat pike and bass from lake o, i see people taking steelies all the time from lake o, they are edible, a lot of the toxin poisoning is bullcrap, IMHO, g-bay fish also has toxins, its the smoke factories and crap on the west side of lake o, the further east you are on lake o, the more edible the fish are.

no.........the reason why lake is so polluted is because it the final lake in the chain, everything from superior, huron, st clair and erie flow into it, lot of bad stuff coming from my old stomping grounds on the st clair river

#42 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

no.........the reason why lake is so polluted is because it the final lake in the chain, everything from superior, huron, st clair and erie flow into it, lot of bad stuff coming from my old stomping grounds on the st clair river

this

#43 chinooky

chinooky

Sunfish

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi all. I saw a report the other day that predicted that the entire Pacific ocean will be contaminated by radiation within 5 or 6 years as a result of ongoing issues with Fukushima. Even higher levels could be widespread if they are unable to contain it.

The point is that pollution levels and types are relative. In the future we may be regarding the great lakes catches much higher than other areas...think of farmed Atlantics from the west coast, oysters, dungeness and king crabs...which will concentrate radiation.

Pick your poison in moderation ;). Or catch and release all.