2 replies to this topic

#1 skoaler27

skoaler27

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hello,

I have a Garmin Echo 150 portable bundle that I use lots in the summer on my canoe and kayak. I am getting into ice fishing this year and am curious if I can use it for ice fishing. The portable bundle come with a float for the transducer; however I am not sure if the transducer will sit level in water. Not sure how well it will work overall too. If anyone has used there echo 150 for ice fishing and they have some tips or advice for it that would be great! I may try to sell the unit and get a Vexilar or a Lowrance ice machine.

Thanks, Dave

#2 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

There are many ways to skin this proverbial cat! Don't sell it! Just use a stick or piece of metal to keep thee ducer down the hole and level if, in fact, you need anything at all. check it out in the kitchen sink to see hot it sits. A thin piece of al. flatbar is easy to work with---drill a hole, put a screw thru it and the ducer, add lock(or 'star') washer and 'bob's yer uncle'!.

#3 Liger

Liger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have a hummingbird 160 portable, and all I do is, (2)-10 inch 2x2 screwed together as a T and I taped the tranceducer to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: garminice fishing, echo 150, fish finder, fish sonar, ice ducer, ice, transducer