• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#21 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Look forward to perching with you. I use 4lbs myself!

2 here :)

#22 Liger

Liger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I like running 6 Lbs Floro on (Light) Gear, But if I where to run Ultra Light I would go with 4lbs main line (Mono) with a 3lbs floro leader, maybe 6 feet worth, But I do not NEED to run an ultra light set-up where I fish, there is not enough fishing pressure to Need to downsize to get fish.

I run 28 Inch light action Berkly Lightning rods with 6 Pound test for crappie and perch. I used them last year for acouple days on Joe too and got some smaller lakers with them.

But I normal run 10pound test on Joe for trout

#23 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

I got the same plan as cap'n bart. See you guys in the am, then if its slow ill be off on the sled.

#24 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

I like that Betty

#25 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

I got the same plan as cap'n bart. See you guys in the am, then if its slow ill be off on the sled.

im sure you wont be the only one!

#26 Captain Barty

Captain Barty

Sunfish

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

Maybe we can play a little leap frog until we find some fishies if need be.

#27 Liger

Liger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

ya if it is slow moving can be a good Idea. I am coming with Min gear so I can be moble. Just not planning of running around all over the lake, moving 1 KM would be the most I would want to move

#28 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Kijiji Kingston
I got all 3 barley used for 90 bucks

A Dave genz clam ice spooler 20" light
A fish13 black Betty Ice combo 22" light
Frabill 241 straight line combo 24" quick tip

that is an insane deal dude, the black betty is worth that alone. Let me know if you ever find that three straightline reels is too much lol.

#29 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

that is an insane deal dude, the black betty is worth that alone. Let me know if you ever find that three straightline reels is too much lol.

$60 but I know what you mean great deal

#30 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

true it does look like the see through one. 

This is the one ive had my eyes on.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...cb74b25f&_uhb=1

#31 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

ya I just picked that one up can't wait to try it out but I heard that the pin might not be strong enough for big fish :(

#32 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

i tested the black betty but i didn't like how it bends, the rod is only for small fish where as the frabil can holder bigger fish like whities, the reel on it is ok, but i like the frabil one more, Nado, thats quite the reel you're looking at, lol, that is way out of my budget but if you want i know a place where you can get it for 70. 

#33 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

ya I just picked that one up can't wait to try it out but I heard that the pin might not be strong enough for big fish :(

I heard about one that snapped on the shaft going to the reel seat on the first laker it hooked. But I think that was the cheaper see through one meant for smaller fish.

i tested the black betty but i didn't like how it bends, the rod is only for small fish where as the frabil can holder bigger fish like whities, the reel on it is ok, but i like the frabil one more, Nado, thats quite the reel you're looking at, lol, that is way out of my budget but if you want i know a place where you can get it for 70. 

Is it the see through one or the heavy duty one I posted? If you know where I can get the heavy fly one for 70 bucks please tell.

#34 SeriousFishingProblem

SeriousFishingProblem

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm down. Looking to meeting some fellow OFFers. Skinny white dude smoking from an e-cigarette B)

#35 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

I heard about one that snapped on the shaft going to the reel seat on the first laker it hooked. But I think that was the cheaper see through one meant for smaller fish.

Is it the see through one or the heavy duty one I posted? If you know where I can get the heavy fly one for 70 bucks please tell.

i saw the heavy duty one for 70 at sail with no tax, 2 weeks ago, the see through one was for 20.

#36 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

id like to say im gonna be there just have to play with the timing a bit. never ice fished before but ill make sure to bring some gear and hopefully not too many questions.. lol

heres hoping I can make it, itd be nice to meet some of you and learn a new fishing style

#37 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

id like to say im gonna be there just have to play with the timing a bit. never ice fished before but ill make sure to bring some gear and hopefully not too many questions.. lol

heres hoping I can make it, itd be nice to meet some of you and learn a new fishing style

Sweet, I'll have my auger, scoop and a couple extra rods. I also have an extra minnow bucket anyone can use just go to the store and get a scoop of pinhead minnows(3-5$ a scoop usually). But live bait isnt essential, I just like it and find it produces more fish.

#38 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

FD43DCDC-E59B-4A6A-8300-374C9BA5D606-521

Ice on simcoe close to the 14'th line as of this morning, there wasn't even a skiff yesterday, won't be long.

#39 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Nice! Looking good. Thanks for the update

#40 Captain Barty

Captain Barty

Sunfish

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Brrrr cold as hell out right now. Should be making ice tonight.