• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Ill right tanks, I am thinking about getti.g lots of swimbaits since there is not any places near by to get big bait. Anyone use them? Also how would I effectively catch and release pike seen toooo many dead ones, want to have a good release.

#22 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Realized I accidently posted the same message twice. I went to the dam; line was freezing, person beside me was trying to land a carp and got nothing maybe some nibbles. Anyone know how to catch pike at a dam this time of year? Or how pike behave in winter, if they without fail need still water? Help is appricated.

#23 classic drifter

classic drifter

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

as for me the few pike that i hooked on was from the east, where it is open to fish for them year round, i got them on deep diving firetigers and jigs with a white 3" grub, my bro hooked on his first pike 3 years back also on a fake minnow retreived on a jig when we were fishing for walleye, as far a location goes, i say we got them all on the slowest moving waters we could find, and mind you on steep dropoffs and weed edges all acessible from shore where we hooked onto them, i dont go out west alot but i think if the same structure and water speed should hold pike, i hope this helps, tightlines!!!

#24 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

I have seen people catch them in deep weedbeds too. I think that I am going to try cambridge area instead they have a bait and tackle that sells a lot of minnows.Hopefully they will have stiller water. Thanks classic drifter.

#25 Jsteelcity

Jsteelcity

Sunfish

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

I've had a lot success with spinner baits , sluggo swimbaits and buzz baits early in the morning ... which kinds is all up to your and its a matter of trying different colours depending on water clarity