• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

I was disappointed.  My expectations were high because this is Ripleys owned and all sorts of money was thrown at it.  Saw numerous sick fish, lots of beat up fish ( the freshwater "Ontario" tank had beat up hatchery brookies in it alongside fish with battle scars - just like OP mentioned ).  Nothing overly exciting and out of the ordinary in terms of unique specimens ( there were a couple ).  The tanks were poorly setup and the aquascaping sucked.  Big Als does a better job.  Everything was fake - fake painted corals, fake plants, etc.  Couple tanks with live corals and plants - the congo tetra tank was the saddest thing I've ever seen in an aquarium.

What I did like was being able to see some of the behind the scenes machinery involved with the operation... filters cycling 3,000 litres per minute and massive chillers. The alewife setup I really loved.  The place is very kid friendly - all sorts of cool poop for the little ones.  Went through one of the cylinders however some jackass dropped a bomb in it and nearly gassed me out in the polluted environment. 

I won't be going back but if they'll be shooting "Fear and Loathing in Ripleys Toronto" I want the lead role.

DSC_0704_zpsac9c305f.jpg

this one makes me feel like I'm the little mermaid

nice post :) 

#22 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I wanted to wet my line in there so bad...