9 replies to this topic

#1 CatchandreleaseKyle

CatchandreleaseKyle

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

Hey OFF!

In the spring I'm looking to try out a new fishing hole. I've hit up most of the major ones in the past (Rice Lake, Kahshe, Muskoka, Simcoe, etc) and I'm looking for a location with less boat traffic but still within a 3 hour drive of Toronto. I love to fish for Largmouth, Smallmouth, Pike and Crappie.

Any recommendations? All are welcome.

Cheers!

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Find an area where you want to fish and use the MNR FishOnline tool to narrow down lakes you want to hit.  Do you need a launch? Concrete?  Dirt roads ok?  If you want less boat traffic don't go near Parry Sound... sure some lakes have less traffic than others especially in the back bays but if I were you I'd head north east towards Bancroft.

#3 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

You should check out Lake Erie and the Upper Niagara River, Erie is bass central! Also good for walleye, perch.....Upper Niagara  bass, perch, pike, muskie. Also check the lower Niagara, The Niagara river is one of the top 10 places to fish in Ontario.  

Do a little google search about Erie and The Niagara and you will see. ;)

Here is a few pics of Erie smallies.

#4 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Do u have boat?

#5 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

i like to fish lakes around North Bay for walleye, pike, bass, specks if i take the boat, my boat isn't very small so i need a good launch for it, thats why i fish that area, if you have a small boat or canoe bancroft area is crazy for smallies and pike and species, rainbows and splake, even from shore, if i take the canoe thats the area i hit, start from minden, then go up 118 towards bancroft, almost every lake you see from the road will hold trout, smallies and pike.

#6 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Do u have boat?

You want him to send you a pic??    :lol:  :D

#7 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

You want him to send you a pic??    :lol:  :D

Duh....

#8 Legend Boats

Legend Boats

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

I live in the Barrie area and the amount of lakes within an 1hr drive is awesome. Check out Lake St. John for an excellent variety of Walleye, Pike, Large/Smallmouth Bass. Not pressured and you’ll have an awesome time. Balsam is also a great like that offers camping since it’s a provincial park. Sparrow lake can be fun as well but boat traffic is heavy since it’s part of the trent system. Hope this helps you on your adventures this year. 

Henry Nguyen

#9 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Drive my friend... drive. I put in almost all summer last year with my pops figuring out where is hot and where is not, from muskoka to parry sound to hours past, finally we hit our spot. People can say what they want but put that line in the water and you'll figure it out :) and if I were to suggest something and not give anything up at the same time haha kingston area Loughborough Lake is decent i find. 

#10 Legend Boats

Legend Boats

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

I live in the Barrie area and the amount of lakes is awesome. Check out lake St.John for a excellent amount of Whalleye, pike, Large Smallmouth Bass. Not pressured and you'll have an awesome time.  Balsam is also a great like that offers camping since it is a provincial park.

Sparrow park can be fun as well but boat traffic is heavy since it is part of the trent system this year. Hope this helps on your adventures this year.

Henry Nguyen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: largmouth, Bass, Pike, Lakes, Ontario, Muskoka, Kawarthas, Huntsville