#1 Rainman

Rainman

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hey guys

Ive never been to Lake Simcoe.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to rent a hut for the weekend.(sat & sun)

- Gotta be 2 man hut with accomodation in or nearby.

- Parking (not on the ice)

- meals (optional...I hear they deliver pizza to your hut but I prefer bacon 'n' eggs for breakfast)

any idea what the rates may be would help me decide too.

I assume you simply dress for the weather and bring your own equipment (or do they rent it?)

Thanx and tightlines

Ray

#2 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

In the past I have gone with a group of guys. We usually go to the Keswick or Beaverton areas. If you go overnite with 6 guys most hut operators will give you an extra hut in case anyone wants to pass out for a bit. Provided they are not too busy.

Not sure about delivery on the ice. We usually stop in Newmarket for a bucket of Kentucky Duck. I also have a friend who likes to try and cook Smelt and Perch on the heaters in the huts after enuff lubrication. Plz do not try this at home, Lmao.

Yes dress for the weather but once you are in a hut they are quite warm, in most cases. You can bring your own equipment, not sure about rentals but most operators sell cheap tip-ups that work well in Smelt and Perch areas, also not bad for 'Eyes.

Alfie.

#3 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I just went with lucky sons out of cooks bay. Nice huts, friendly staff and pizza delivered by firemen, WHAT'S BETTER

#4 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

I just went with lucky sons out of cooks bay. Nice huts, friendly staff and pizza delivered by firemen, WHAT'S BETTER

So how was it? Looking forward to your report girl.

#5 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

So how was it? Looking forward to your report girl.

It was AWESOME!!! Check my new post.

#6 AnglerAnonymous

AnglerAnonymous

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

PIZZA?! lol 

#7 bugflinger

bugflinger

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

hows the fishing on simcoe[ lower end]....cooks bay....pefferlaw area.......i ve been told its the dead zone???????       just sayin what i ve heard.....i don t believe it.....febuary has always been a tough time in my past 30 yrs of doin it.....but i m a snowplow driver and haven t been out since i got this gig.....love to get out but no time.......if i get some i d like to know that these reports i ve been gettin aren t true.......

#8 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

one of the worst years for perch in cooks bay....hardly any jumbos

#9 classic drifter

classic drifter

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

buck was right, that general area yielded only 12 1/2 inch for us this year, with that only 2 fish out of the 100's we caught when we went,