5 replies to this topic

#1 quincy 71212

quincy 71212

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hey every one,

I was wondering if the skyway bridge is any good in spring for sheephead, carp, catfish or anything else? 

Where would the best place around that area be? If not spring, when's a good time to go there?

Thank you.

#2 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

carp, TONS there!!!! smell like crap but bite every 5 minutes, they get pretty big there too, right side of it.

#3 quincy 71212

quincy 71212

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Are grub jigs good for sheep head? my girl friend saw a picture of one caught over there and said she wants to catch one

#4 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

Anything you would use for smallies would work for sheephead

#5 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

crayfish are the best for big sheepies, if you can find them, we go down to kingston to fish for pike and bass and when the bite is slow, we catch a crayfish, hook it with a big heavy jig and throw it in the current and hold on!!!! if not, rubber minnows, grubs or worms will work but nothing beats a crayfish. 

#6 JordanMcK

JordanMcK

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Use a 2/5oz Cleo (any simple designs work; flat silver, black/silver, blue/silver, etc), use a nice slow retrieve. I have caught some decent sheepies right under that bridge.. Cast in towards the harbour side. And also like BowSlayer said, there are TONS of carp there, in monstrous sizes too!