• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quincy 71212

quincy 71212

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hey everyone, I'm buying an ocean kayak soon, and I always see people leaving Port Credit on their canoes and kayaks, and I want go to fish the lake out past that big abandoned ship. I usually see a lot of people going there anyways. I was wondering what can I possibly catch there? I know everyone is going to say its dangerous, and I have talked to many guides and they told me if I go on a calm day, I will be fine. That being said, please just talk about what I can possibly catch. I was thinking perch, small mouth and a few other common fish, if they are there - but are there any others? I'd like to know, because I might be going this spring. Thank you in advance!  :razz:  :mrgreen:

#2 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hi Quincy 71212 I have never been there but heard salmon, brown trout, pike, yellow perch, rock bass, bullheads, carp and suckers. Weather can change complety in seconds be watchful. If you check it out post a repley

#3 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hang a left at the Ridgetown and go into the marina for spring pike action. The August salmon fishing in there is legendary... that marina is like a giant minnow trap for salmon. I used to shore fish in there before the city shut down shore access... but with a kayak? You're laughing!

#4 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've seen a guy pull out a few catfish and a largie right under the bridge prior to the marina so if your looking to kayak maybe thats a spot to look at before heading into the big lake. 

#5 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I've fished that area quite a few times last summer and never got a sniff (right by the bridge that is). I would head out at lunchtime and fish for 40 mins before heading back to work.

#6 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

LOL ChaseChrome!