• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Jake lake is a certified casting instructor with the Federation of fly fishers as is Rob h he's also a great guide and the manager of the wilsons Fergus store where abouts in ontario are located ?

Wow I did not know Jake Lake was a instructor.

#22 Maxwell

Maxwell

Shiner Minnow

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Jake lake is a certified casting instructor with the Federation of fly fishers as is Rob h he's also a great guide and the manager of the wilsons Fergus store where abouts in ontario are you

Thank you for the information, I live in Grimsby on the boarder of Stoney Creek. Do these gentlemen advertise there classes here? If so where would i find such info?

thank you.

#23 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thank you for the information, I live in Grimsby on the boarder of Stoney Creek. Do these gentlemen advertise there classes here? If so where would i find such info?

thank you.

I don't think they do you can also get it touch with rick whorwood who is out of your area also you could contact grindstone outfitters and I believe they do classes there both opinions close to you

#24 Maxwell

Maxwell

Shiner Minnow

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Thank you.... I have had other folks mention Rick, i will check him out plus it is nice that he is a local guy. ( for all i know could be a neighbour )

Thanks again.

#25 GuitarBuildingAngler

GuitarBuildingAngler

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hey Bug Slinger. 

Welcome to the forum.

You are more then welcome to join myself and MadocFlyGuy out for some fly fishing. We always love having people join us!
We are more towards the Toronto area though. The offer is there!

#26 Maxwell

Maxwell

Shiner Minnow

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

After a while of being away i am back. My wife was very ill for a while, so everyting was put on hold until i could get her healthy and happy again ( family first ). Very busy taking care of her and my children.

GBA, thank you very much for the offer, one day i shall take you up on that.

So i hope everyone had a good opener.

#27 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thank you, and may i say how wonderful it is to see a lovely young lady enjoying the sport/hobby of fishing.

Lovely young lady - 2nd, She's an "angler-first". Anyways welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to some amazing pictures like the one in your profile. My passion is toothy critters and hopefully I can save up for some fly gear soon for them.

#28 Maxwell

Maxwell

Shiner Minnow

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Lovely young lady - 2nd, She's an "angler-first". Anyways welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to some amazing pictures like the one in your profile. My passion is toothy critters and hopefully I can save up for some fly gear soon for them.

Thank you for the welcome, for many years my passion was bass, pike and musky and lite gear for rivers and streams . But now returning to fishing I have decided it was time to try the "fly".

I have only been out once since opener due to some family related issues ( thanks to Bow Man for a good time and showing me some great spots, he is a nice guy and funny to boot ).  I still fish rivers and streams with light and ultra light spinning gear ( love the lite stuff ). Cant wait to try the "fly" on these systems.

So I hope to be getting out on/or in the water a lot more now, and also hope to have some great pics for you all

And my apologies to Fisher Girl, meant no harm by my statement, just meant that it is a pleasure to see women enjoying this wonderful sport/hobby.

Tightlines

#29 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Cheers, I had a good time. Call me if you want to go out this weekend with us. I will take you to a few other spots. ;)   

Glad to hear your wife is doing better, thank her for the wonderful sandwiches she gave us.

Cheers

Bow Man

#30 dusty122

dusty122

Sunfish

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

WELCOME!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: