#1 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hey everyone

been busy over the weekend but finaly got time to do this

Me and a long time friend went to meet up with "Getin" from the forum and his friend for some whitefish.

Ive never been for them and thought itd be good to get some in before the season closes

tried to get there for first light but managed to arrive just after at around 6:45am

was snow blowing everywhere with strong winds at 40km/h from the NW low visibility. but it was warm only around -5c

So we just followed the crowds from the harbour to the location. roughly 2km walk. 52.5 fow.

met up with the boys there and got our holes drilled around 7:15am

untill about 11am we were marking lots of fish but nobody seemed to be getting any. except for getin's friend who i will call Deniro from now on(you'll see why) who got a nice one. would end up being the biggest of the day. bout 20 mins later we started getting hits constantly on a ultra light 4lb rig with a 2 inch minnow hooked through the tail and a splitshot above.

Seemed like that ultra light was the ticket because we caught a couple but nobody else seemed to be catching much around us. few perch here and there but no whities

also made the fight real fun. bring it up then it'd run down. using a straight-line reel so was almost like fighting with a pin.

bite slowed down around noon but the wind completely dissapeared as well and the clouds broke. turned out being a real nice day at that point. had to lose a few layers and got a bit sunburnt on the cheeks lol.

markers started picking up again around 3pm and we hauled in one more. this third one was caught on a naked jigging rap in silver. i put it on because someone nearby was pulling perch with it and i thought id try for a few.

was a great day overall and my first whitefishing experience. going to be going back for these guys for sure.

another great experience thanks to people here!

and now heres some pics...

Here's "Deniro" with his fatty

photo12.jpg

This is the first one my bud brought up, but he didnt want to hold it for a photo so i did the honors. 22 inches from snout to fork.

photo3.jpg

And heres the second one i brought in 19 inches and beautiful bronze to silver to almost blue color on it. really nice fish

photo1.jpg

and heres a last pic of one we let go.. just to show the color in the sun, real nice fish

photo42.jpg

great spot and i think we got one more week before its done boys, so get out there!

#2 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Nice fish, Shmogley! Glad you guys got into them whities!

You weren't kidding about De Niro. holy smokes.. 

#3 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Nice whities man...

lol @ De Niro

#4 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

nice whities, great eating size! It seems to be piecing up for simcoe whities, more luck on the other side, only on spreaders for me, been trying hard to get one jigging but no luck.

#5 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Good times :-))
Lmao re Deniro:-))

#6 happy fisher

happy fisher

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Funny how I look there. It was Nice to meet you guys.
Happy fishing

#7 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

thanks for the good day guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whitefish