95 replies to this topic

#1 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

everyone

was talking to a couple members about a spring get together i know there has be a lot of interest in people getting in to the sport so all would be welcome there will be extra rods on hand to try plus it would be good for us to put names to faces and fish and chat about all things fly so what i want every one to do is let me know if you interested and where you think it should be i have an idea for a place that would be perfect up here but i know that's far for a lot of people so let me know im thinking for a date the weekend after opener probably the sunday

#2 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'd be interested, but I don't think that day would work for me (we are moving offices at work..and it's a HUGE job). A month or so after then I'd def try and get there though!

#3 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm in, let's plan for a place with some space so we can try each other's rods. Obviously we'd have to plan for steelhead, trout streams would be too tight for this many people. Something tells me the river we had the last one on and the larger west trib will be blown for a while, how does that faster clearing GB trib sound?

#4 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Chris I have a trout stream in mind that's not very well known but tons of room only problem is it's up here that's why I want to see what everyone thinks I will pm you later with where I'm thinking

#5 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'm down for a day of trout, but I just don't know if you want to disclose it to everyone. Let me know what you're thinking.

#6 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hey i was looking to get into fly fishing once things warm up this year..

id be very interested in joining you guys on the water for a good day of learning and sharing

im definitely in if it happens

would sure beat learning on my own, and meeting more friends is always a bonus ;)

#7 occidio

occidio

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

I'm new to fly fishing (never even casted before lol) but if you're willing to put up with someone who's trying to figure out the ropes I'm in!

#8 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

OCC...thats the exact intent of this outing..the boys want to get people trying and lovin the fly. MAD, i was thinking about it last night--dont give up that river my man---no offence to anyone but its a death sentence for that little place from heaven...friends tell freinds and all of a sudden we picking up cans and garbage instead of brookies

#9 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

would love to go.... let me know.

#10 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

FWAF - doing something like this is praiseworthy, mad respect to you brother.  However not everyone shares the same ideas as you, me, our resident brookie fiend, etc. I'm with the caddis on this, think about it before you are willing to show people.  Couple of my brown spots are fishless because someone came in and cleared house... you'd be able to show up and get at least 5 brownies in an outing ( lots of 1 footers with the odd one larger - there are some little piggies that have been pulled from here ).  Now an 8"er is the super beast...

OCC...thats the exact intent of this outing..the boys want to get people trying and lovin the fly. MAD, i was thinking about it last night--dont give up that river my man---no offence to anyone but its a death sentence for that little place from heaven...friends tell freinds and all of a sudden we picking up cans and garbage instead of brookies

#11 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

we need to do it somewhere where its already been raped of resources--a certain park comes to mind with lots of room--casting in the am and them waly upstream far enough to get away from the 200000000000000 center pinners drifting 700000 yards downs stream,...lol

#12 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

^ stink bait ruelz brah ;)

#13 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

they might.... however ...not for this trip.

#14 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

come on pal I am yanking your chain

#15 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

remember when I was tailing you and honking at you on steelies and you had no idea who I was back in Nov LOL

#16 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

haha..but i already knew you...thats the worst part i was pissed until i realized it was you....BS right there lol

#17 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

buddy you went back to your MMA fighting days with that look you had on your face. Ready to thump a brutha.

gif-pinguim-retorno.gif

#18 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

i honestly didnt know it was you...i fellt like  fool lol---

lets get back to this trip before MAD kicks my ass for us hijacking his thread

so MAD is there gonna be a casting-demo each others rods thingy? i could talk to our guys...

#19 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

might be able to get some companies to join us..depending on the size of this gathering buddy. you know who i am referring to.

#20 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

haha..but i already knew you...thats the worst part i was pissed until i realized it was you....BS right there lol

buddy you went back to your MMA fighting days with that look you had on your face. Ready to thump a brutha.

gif-pinguim-retorno.gif

Why didnt you just fire up that airplane engine you have and take off?