• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

I think sometime around mid may would be good, what do you guys think?

#42 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

mid may would be perfect

#43 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

I could be in as well depending on date and location

#44 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Mid may should be decent.

#45 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

anytime is good for me. 

but may would be great  and give me time to buy a few things i would like to have for it

#46 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

i'd be very interested in this meet. I've always wanted to try fly fishing and if this gives me the opportunity to try it and learn what i'm supposed to be looking for in equipment, then i'm down. 

#47 JoeyJumps

JoeyJumps

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hey just been reading this thread and am really interested in this event. Been trouting for 4yrs now and flying or two with very minimal success. Cought my first steel on a 5wt out east around 14". my biggest trout yet. Think it would be awesome to get some real tips from some vetrens such as yourselfs. Not looking for spots but more advice on technique and presentation. Can only get so much from books and YouTube. I'm in the GTA, and might of pissed some of you off with my dog if you fish out east lmao he likes to fish too or you might see it as killing a hole. Will watch the thread and no worries will leave the pup home to make room for anyone needing a ride.

#48 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hey fly has a date been talked about yet? or even a location?

#49 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

nothing has been talked about to my knowledge

#50 Liger

Liger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

I would also like to come to this fly fishing outing, let me know where and when, If I am able to make it I will

#51 Freezer

Freezer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Give me a message, I would be interested in meeting new fly fisherman and helping out a few people that require some assistance.

#52 riverrat

riverrat

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

i just started fly fishing it would be nice to get some advise from seasoned fly fishers

#53 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Still no date? Lol..

#54 Jacklake

Jacklake

Sunfish

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

IMO something unusual is going on. The thread was started by FishingWithaFly, but he has not responded lately. However last evening around 7:30 he was online according to the listing at the bottom of the homepage.

As well, if memory serves, Graham Bristow expressed interest and suggested he would attend - with some Greys rods. His comments must have been removed as I don't see them any longer. 

So, how are new fishers supposed to learn if not from each other?  Does everyone have the confidence to hire a guide when they are not even sure how to rig their line & leader?  I think newbies would do better sharing information & starting off with an overview of the flyfishing system and after a few outings be in a better position and more interested in seeking professional coaching.

I hope this works out for everyone.

#55 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Unless he backed out from the idea? I don't know. 

#56 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

I would offer to take over, but i just don't know the big rivers well enough to do so

#57 Shmogley

Shmogley

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

OP might just be busy now or have his own reasons. 

I was thinking, even a half-decent fly fisher could teach a newbie a great deal.

be nice if someone stepped up. i know nothing about fly fishing or i would gladly, just to get the ball rolling. 

hell even if you dont know a great spot, any good stretch is should be enough to learn what to do

and share a few laughs/fish hopefully. put faces to names and make friends.

its not really that much to be at a place on a certain day and show everyone how to rig and what to look for.

so dont feel like its too much pressure or anything ;)

i dunno im not expecting much at this point but i am still hoping this thing happens.

and constantly check this thread hoping for an update lol

#58 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I'll talk to GBA and if a few other guys want to help out, a few of us may be able to coordinate something. Alex and I are by no means veterans - still consider ourselves rookies, but I'd be happy to pass on what I have learned. FF, if we can get a group of guys to be the "helpers", would you be interested? Only thing is the date would have to change until later in the year as I'll be fishing some Nova Scotia waters in May....

Thoughts? Anybody willing to pass on their knowledge? Keep in mind you don't need to be experts :P At the end of the day, if we get a bunch of rookies together, we're bound to learn something by pooling what we do know :D

#59 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

The question is where do we do this? Obviously a small creek would be a bad idea, I don't think even the credit could hold this many comfortably, maybe the grand in Fergus?

#60 Shmogley

Shmogley

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

The question is where do we do this? Obviously a small creek would be a bad idea, I don't think even the credit could hold this many comfortably, maybe the grand in Fergus?

probably need to take a new headcount if the date changes and then go from there