Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I peg mine with a tooth pick

#42 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

A tooth pick will cause your bead to rise a little , therefore the peg-its are better because they allow for a more natural presentation. IMHO

#43 streamside88

streamside88

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

am i the only one who thought about going to a craft store and picking up glass beads? i looked online at the actual trout beads and the hole seems allot smaller (cant drill ....tried...lol!) can they still be pegged somehow? or am i stuck making knots?

#44 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

If the holes are larger than the trout beads then you could use the brisels from a dollar store basting brush or pull an elastic through the hole using a piece of mono then trim both ends.

#45 streamside88

streamside88

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

no the hole in the glass beads are smaller then the trout beads....10 pound fluo fits perfecly......

#46 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Buy some 20 lb. mono and cut it at an angle, push it in then trim the ends .

#47 streamside88

streamside88

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

alright ill try thanks how about Tying the bead onto a hook using fishing line, has anyone had any experience with these and does it work fairly well for drifting and swinging ? does it get hung up it rocks often?.... 

glasseggbead.jpg

#48 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

To work properly the bead should be 1.5 to 2 inches above the hook. I'm not saying that you won't catch fish with your set up but that you would catch more with the proper set up.

#49 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

alright ill try thanks how about Tying the bead onto a hook using fishing line, has anyone had any experience with these and does it work fairly well for drifting and swinging ? does it get hung up it rocks often?.... 

glasseggbead.jpg

There's not harm in trying. I'm sure at any given point that setup will work. The trouts really know it's a hook? What concerns me is that trout are known for spitting food and that setup would make it easy for them to spit, no?

#50 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

Would work great with #16-18 hooks

#51 streamside88

streamside88

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

i will use the traditional method of bead fishing,  ive put them at exactly 2 inches from bottom of hook to bottom of the bead but i also tied a few of those with different size hooks to see what happens.. (the picture's from Google).... wish me luck only a  couple days to go....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Newbie