Photo

Transplanted to BC

salmon great lakes downriggers flashers spoons trolling mooching chinook kings coho

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark at QCL

Mark at QCL

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hello all,

I'm happy to be part of this forum and I hope that I can contribute!  I have fished all my life, grew up in Ontario and amassed a pile of fishing knowledge that I hope can prove useful to some of you.  Although I moved to BC about 15 years ago, my family and many friends are still in Ontario and I get back often to visit (and fish!) I was hoping that I could keep in touch with some of the fishing in Ontario, and specifically the techniques being used and developed for Great Lakes salmon and trout.  

Since I'm currently a professional fishing guide with Queen Charlotte Lodge in Haida Gwaii, BC, I think there could be some valuable info passed back and forth between myself and some members here, specifically between BC saltwater salmon fishing and Great Lakes salmon fishing techniques, and steelhead of course!  

I'm also excited to have worked with Gord Pyzer and Outdoor Canada magazine last summer, and if anyone gets a chance to pick up the current issue, there is a great article on QCL and some of our guide secrets are shared (including my own), and Gord's successes also proved to be very interesting.

Mark

#2 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Welcome to OFF! Sounds like you have a lot to contribute to the forum

#3 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Glad to have you here Mark, I did read that article and I enjoyed it, glad to have you here.

Eric

#4 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Always wanted to live in BC! haha. Maybe one day :(

Welcome!

#5 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I can't wait to move out to Campbell River! Love B.C.!!

#6 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Looking forward to your tips !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salmon, great lakes, downriggers, flashers, spoons, trolling, mooching, chinook, kings, coho