21 replies to this topic

#1 thebigchombowombocombo

thebigchombowombocombo

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hey guys!

Caught this guy on a texas rigged 3' black leech plastic.

Felt like it was close to 40lbs maybe 35lbs

Was pretty surprised that a carp took my plastic. Has this happened to any of you guys before?

Attached Images

• Untitled2.png
  • 20140505_144600.jpg

#2 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Nevermind you being surprised... how was that battle with that huge carp???

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

3 weeks ago I was perching and the guy next to me hauled in a 15lb carp...yellow twister tail on jig. I thought it was weird but then you post this...it doesn't look weird now.

#4 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

nice fish, happens to me often in the kingston/belleville area, big ones there too.

#5 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Holy Carp... (HA... sorry. had to)

Nice fish though! Congrats! 

And wheres hammercarp with his comment... he's usually quick when theres a carp post :P 

#6 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

What a pig  Jeeze I would of loved to see a video from that fight.. Bet your rod/reel had one hell of a work out haha..

#7 Carp Addiction

Carp Addiction

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Wow! great fish! Did you happen to get a weight recorded? That looks pretty close to the beast I caught at Tommy thompson.

#8 richardjai

richardjai

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

O_O. What in the world. 15 more lbs and you wouldve set the ontario record haha.

#9 despotiko

despotiko

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

20140418_170932_zpsbn4tttby.jpg[/URL]
They are very curious fish thats for sure, didnt expect to hit one on a lipless crank of all things but hey im not complaining

#10 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Wow, that's a beauty carp.

I starting to change my thoughts on carp this year.

#11 thebigchombowombocombo

thebigchombowombocombo

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Nevermind you being surprised... how was that battle with that huge carp???

It took probably around half an hour. I was using a crappy 6ft rod and a reel that didnt have smooth drag and it was constantly bulldozing.

A person who saw me hook the fish actually left halfway through the fight because he got bored lol

[/URL]
They are very curious fish thats for sure, didnt expect to hit one on a lipless crank of all things but hey im not complaining

I was dragging my rig slowly across but for a carp to go after a crankbait? holy
I always see them slowly moving in the water but I guess they can be fast too =P

Wow! great fish! Did you happen to get a weight recorded? That looks pretty close to the beast I caught at Tommy thompson.

No I didn't have a scale with me but I do lift some weights so I think it's an accurate guess
Next time im packing on =D

#12 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Does appear to be hooked outside the mouth :blink:

#13 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Geeeeeeezus that's a HUGE fish!! I just started to target them last year after I almost got spooled...lol...and wow can they fight HUGE! As well as be acrobatic! I hit one that must have been part Bass it spent so much time out of the water! Great fish dude!!

#14 Carp Addiction

Carp Addiction

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Wow, that's a beauty carp.

I starting to change my thoughts on carp this year.

Go for it man! you wont be disappointed.

When you target them specifically, its a game of patience, thats for certain. But the rewards can be amazing battles that last 5+ minutes depending on your tackle.

You wont always catch one, but its the thrill of the hunt that keeps carp fishermen going  ;-) 

The rigging possibilities are absolutely endless.... :)

A skunked carp fisherman still goes home happy because hes thinking of what he/she possibly did wrong that outing for the conditions, and how to improve his/her methods the next time out.. and its that dedication carp fishing that ALWAYS pays off eventually.

I promise B)

#15 hammercarp

hammercarp

Perch

• Active Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

What a beast WTG! I have caught them on jigs, especially in the spring. That is a dandy. :)

#16 despotiko

despotiko

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Does appear to be hooked outside the mouth :blink:

Good eye my polish friend! What can i say, my flossing skills are impeccable, i learnt from the best ;)  They do fight a lot better when hooked in the tail tho lol

#17 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

:lol: Da floss boss

#18 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Go for it man! you wont be disappointed.

When you target them specifically, its a game of patience, thats for certain. But the rewards can be amazing battles that last 5+ minutes depending on your tackle.

You wont always catch one, but its the thrill of the hunt that keeps carp fishermen going  ;-)

The rigging possibilities are absolutely endless.... :)

A skunked carp fisherman still goes home happy because hes thinking of what he/she possibly did wrong that outing for the conditions, and how to improve his/her methods the next time out.. and its that dedication carp fishing that ALWAYS pays off eventually.

I promise B)

I'll be sure to target them soon :)

My buddy sight fishes for them on a fly, its crazy how he stalks them so they don't spook.

#19 Jsteelcity

Jsteelcity

Sunfish

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Just started carping last year a but only got one but it definitely is a patience game with carp .... And nice fish pics guys looking forward to seeing more

#20 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hey guys!
Caught this guy on a texas rigged 3' black leech plastic.
Felt like it was close to 40lbs maybe 35lbs

Was pretty surprised that a carp took my plastic. Has this happened to any of you guys before?

I have caught Carp on Mepps Black Furrey on 3 ocassions, one over 25 lbs, all in the spring while mining for Chrome :) They can put Steelhead gear to the test.
All were hooked in the mouth. I did get one on the same lure that was hooked on top of the head a few years back too.
Mepps is my lucky spring-time Carp lure LOL.

Alfie.