• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Legend Boats

Legend Boats

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Hey Carp Addiction, What a great question. Like most of us when we start fishing, mono was a staple in the fishing industry. Braided line was an absolute hit when it first came on the market but the fish have gotten smarter. Then came fluorocarbon, this was a huge game changer for clear lakes and finicky fish. Now a days I use 15lb. braided main line and 8-12lb. fluorocarbon leader. My leaders are usually 5-7ft long depending on the type of technique i’m using. If your using braid as your main line, I would suggest a titanium leader. These leaders will have zero chance of kinking and offer a very thin diameter, which will allow for a better action on your bait of choice. Hope this helps. 

Henry Nguyen

#22 Carp Addiction

Carp Addiction

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hey Carp Addiction, What a great question. Like most of us when we start fishing, mono was a staple in the fishing industry. Braided line was an absolute hit when it first came on the market but the fish have gotten smarter. Then came fluorocarbon, this was a huge game changer for clear lakes and finicky fish. Now a days I use 15lb. braided main line and 8-12lb. fluorocarbon leader. My leaders are usually 5-7ft long depending on the type of technique i’m using. If your using braid as your main line, I would suggest a titanium leader. These leaders will have zero chance of kinking and offer a very thin diameter, which will allow for a better action on your bait of choice. Hope this helps. 

Henry Nguyen

Thanks man, Im using a fluorocarbon leader now :cool:

#23 classic drifter

classic drifter

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Henry Nguyen

couldnt have said it better!