70 replies to this topic

#21 bbgobie

bbgobie

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

I'm asian, I don't have a bucket

1. I practice C&R although I do take 1 or 2 eating sized fish for shore lunch/dinner
  2. I see non asians with their buckets as often as asians.

Why don't you call the MNR? What are you doing by spreading your racism over here?

I've been checked for my license along with all other anglers fishing the same area asian and non asian 2x.

I've seen checks while on my kayak although never checked.

I do carry my conservation license. I'm not sure why I feel a need to defend myself.

I have 2 issues here. People who poach, keep everything living in the water and usually also don't respect the environment.

And people who equate all asians with trash fishers.

Bob Izumi says hi!

#22 slicebranford

slicebranford

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

well hate to say it but in my experience, roughly my whole life. I havent had a single problem with anyone local around here. sorry i may use a generic term but im not to mind set on race. sorry i can't tell the difference between japanese, korean, vietmanese, asian or whatever i honestly dont care. I've never had problems with the locals around here except during salmon runs poaching the eggs and what not, every run in ive had with over fishing, and littering has been due to the asian, chinese, korean or whatever community. especially when the land owners go out of their way to place garbage cans to clean up the water and you see them come in mass groups with cases of beer, lots of garbage from fishing tackle and shrimp they buy at the store. i don't see any of them to make an effort to clean when they leave let alone release the fish. as of 2 people going up to a group of about 15 to complaine... no thanks i rather call MNR and let the ''Do" something about it. im not being racist, im clearly stating a valid point. yes not all asian korean ect do this but so far thats how it looks. you can say awh this kid is being racist all you like but i dont have a problem with them being asian. i have a problem with how they treat my home town.

#23 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

well hate to say it but in my experience, roughly my whole life. I havent had a single problem with anyone local around here. sorry i may use a generic term but im not to mind set on race. sorry i can't tell the difference between japanese, korean, vietmanese, asian or whatever i honestly dont care. I've never had problems with the locals around here except during salmon runs poaching the eggs and what not, every run in ive had with over fishing, and littering has been due to the asian, chinese, korean or whatever community. especially when the land owners go out of their way to place garbage cans to clean up the water and you see them come in mass groups with cases of beer, lots of garbage from fishing tackle and shrimp they buy at the store. i don't see any of them to make an effort to clean when they leave let alone release the fish. as of 2 people going up to a group of about 15 to complaine... no thanks i rather call MNR and let the ''Do" something about it. im not being racist, im clearly stating a valid point. yes not all asian korean ect do this but so far thats how it looks. you can say awh this kid is being racist all you like but i dont have a problem with them being asian. i have a problem with how they treat my home town.

Sorry but you are incorrect. It's not all people of Asian heritage or other minorities doing illegal stuff. I live and fish and area many people travel to for fishing, on the weekend the river was packed with people many of them eastern European or Asian's. Although I did see some unethical fishing of spawning fish there wasn't a whole lot of illegal stuff. On a following week day I saw snagging, lining and even a group of guys against the dam snagging and dip netting fish. All of them where locals and "white", (not that their heritage matters). I am of not a minority but I am even offended by you're statements. Call them mnr and KEEP calling them.

#24 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

I swear I can hear him breathing through his mouth when I read his posts.

#25 slicebranford

slicebranford

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

"well hate to say it but in my experience, roughly my whole life. I havent had a single problem with anyone local around here. sorry i may use a generic term but im not to mind set on race. sorry i can't tell the difference between japanese, korean, vietmanese, asian or whatever i honestly dont care. I've never had problems with the locals around here except during salmon runs poaching the eggs and what not, every run in ive had with over fishing, and littering has been due to the asian, chinese, korean or whatever community"

Im not going to walk up to every person i see who breaks the rules and asked if they are of certain nationality. considering... like i said before (korean, asian, vietmanese) or whatever the hell the people are breaking the rules nationality are, like i said im not asking them their nationality to prove a point here but all run ins ive had is with some sort of oriental. and to those people still claiming the racism card when I use the word oriental...... here      http://dictionary.re...how things are.

#26 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

OK why do we have to be set on this race issue. We are all Canadians. I don't care what race you are if your breaking the law your breaking the law end of story.

#27 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Can a mod close this??

#28 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Can a mod close this??

yes please, this thread is getting ridiculous

#29 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

2 cents. It's sad that you've witnessed your area being trashed by a-holes (this is a general term). Specially if you know they're just visiting. I have a couple of (sad to say) word wars with a few anglers during the trout opener due to littering. If you can hike 1 km carrying 1 bottle of water (full) you can definitely carry an empty one on your way back.

btw...you're fishing w/o license but i guess it's ok?

#30 GTAbassangler

GTAbassangler

Sunfish

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Race has nothing to do with anything. Out of my personal expereince, I see people from ALL cultures doing it, however asians are just more frequently seen. Im not saying all asians do it or asians only do it. I've given up on the MNR

Their closest district office to the GTA is in Guelph. I highly doubt theyre gunna send 1 warden from guelph to check out one report. Thats just me, I have lost all faith in them.

#31 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Anybody who says they are "not trying to be racist" should no be calling Asian people "orientals".  It is actually a derogatory term, but I have a feeling you wouldn't have known that.

This statement got me curious. I did some checking and can find no hard references as to the why. Other than it "should" refer to objects (ie. rugs) rather than people. Apparently the origin of the word just simply refers to "the east" as occidental refers to "the west". To me, it would simply refer to someone from the Orient? Same as Asian would refer to someone from the Asias. The words themselves could almost be an either or sort of thing?

Now, since this thread is out of hand and should be closed....if someone could enlighten me, I'd be happy to read it! Through a PM of course!

Cheers!

#32 420fisherman

420fisherman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Brantford wilkes darn . Ive kicked a few white buckets in the water. Hell if the mnr aint gonna do nothing about it I will. And had words and almost blows with people. But sometimes ya gotta stand. Up for whats right. No matter what race is doing these stupid actions

#33 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Brantford wilkes darn . Ive kicked a few white buckets in the water. Hell if the mnr aint gonna do nothing about it I will. And had words and almost blows with people. But sometimes ya gotta stand. Up for whats right. No matter what race is doing these stupid actions

That place can be bad. Especially on a weekend. When I go there its week day only.

#34 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Dont specify a race/culture. Doesnt matter what your intention is, others will see it as racism. Racism is how others see a certain statement, not you.

#35 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

Lol and then what, you put them under citizens arrest?

#36 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

This statement got me curious. I did some checking and can find no hard references as to the why. Other than it "should" refer to objects (ie. rugs) rather than people. Apparently the origin of the word just simply refers to "the east" as occidental refers to "the west". To me, it would simply refer to someone from the Orient? Same as Asian would refer to someone from the Asias. The words themselves could almost be an either or sort of thing?

Now, since this thread is out of hand and should be closed....if someone could enlighten me, I'd be happy to read it! Through a PM of course!

Cheers!

OCD, you're a big dumb Occidental!  Stay out of my fishing holes!  :)

(joking of course, but you get my point? lol)

#37 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Not sure why this thread is still here or at least not locked. People of all origins do this stuff, the origins don't matter. Blue skin, green, yellow, brown or white we all bleed Red.
I guess you would call me a regular white guy. I have friends of many origins I fish with. Maybe it is because they know me, but they are all very respectful of the fish and the places they fish.
Everyone on this planet bleeds red.
As others have suggested there are axxes out there. Yes report them, repeatedly if necessary. It does work. The MNR will show up if they get enuff calls. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but they will and they will bust some axxes.

Alfie.

#38 EzMario

EzMario

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

Well im asian and i agree most of the people who litter are asian. However im not ok with white people who come up to me and interrogate me or talk to me in a rude manner because im asian. I practice catch and release i prefer to fight the fish another day instead of eating them but having people be rude to me cause they assume im poaching or littering without actually seeing me do it is just annoying.

#39 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Well im asian and i agree most of the people who litter are asian. However im not ok with white people who come up to me and interrogate me or talk to me in a rude manner because im asian. I practice catch and release i prefer to fight the fish another day instead of eating them but having people be rude to me cause they assume im poaching or littering without actually seeing me do it is just annoying.

I have encountered similar problems with stereotyping :P  

Some of the most respectful fishermen I've met were asian.   Just like every part of the world, there are good humans and bad humans. 

#40 420fisherman

420fisherman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Lol and then what, you put them under citizens arrest?

No but imma throw there fish back in the water. And tell them whats up. And what do you do ... Sit there and do nothing...exactly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Catfishsalmon, trout, carp