• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

wish i could be there....but saturdays and work and all.   good luck to you guys and take pictures this time!

#82 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

No. Not where we were Calvin hard as hell to walk in that. Closer to my place. I've gotten into lots of fish on the Nith. Chris there's groups of carp all over the Nith. Just gotta find the slow moving water. I know of one spot we can go to. No parking lot it's on a dirt road lots to walk we can explore a good stretch I have went up stream but not down. There's a deep pocket under the bridge and there was a big group of carp under there. All monsters.
And with the grand being so low this year I believe it has to do with the new dam in fergus they put up this year just outside where the gorges are. Think it was a pretty bad move. Spots I fished last year are almost a foot lower then last year. No good.
Here's the location.
Dropped Pin
near Nith River, Ontario
http://goo.gl/maps/Iyq0d
I've walked up stream all the way to the field you see near the river on the corner could not wade anymore cause the water was a tad higher then normal and it kinda gorges up with steep hills so you can't get out. And down stream I've been to the next bridge but not in up in between. Great fishing down there too.
Another option is conostoga river that we never did either. Browns, bass, eyes, pike. Just throwing that out there too guys.

Ya that walk was treacherous, still a nice section once you get past all the boulders

#83 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm good with the Nith or Grand, whatever you guys like, but let's not do the Conestoga this time round.

#84 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Sounds good I'll be wet wading if it's stupid hot out lol.

#85 RiverRuns

RiverRuns

Sunfish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm fine with whatever you decide. I would suggest somewhere not too tight - somewhere with ample room for backcasts.

#86 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Yeah there's lots of room some spots are a little tight most of the Nith is surrounded by forest. Your gonna wanna swing up or down stream you could across but could get hung up on the surrounding branches.

#87 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Anybody up for going up top on the Grand for the evening hatch for browns later in the day on Saturday?

#88 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Anybody up for going up top on the Grand for the evening hatch for browns later in the day on Saturday?

Unless the bite is really good down low I think I'll come up.

#89 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

I maybe down too depending if my ride is in. And hope all this rain don't blow up the rivers too much.

#90 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Was thinking that as well. Let us know river conditions as the week progresses. I am 2 hours away and don't want to drive for nothing

#91 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

nith or grand, meh

i will say ive never been to the nith so that would be nice. but the grand being low could be solved over this week tbh. lots of rain in the forecast unless it changes

#92 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

I'll post up regularly what the conditions are.

#93 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Shmog send me a text 2262185761

#94 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

And there's no more rain in the forecast till Sunday night. I'm sure this won't do much to the rivers. Since how dry it was out. So wont be much run off especially for the nith since it's spring fed. And runs though small towns not like the grand where run off heads to the river from the streets. Flow on the nith right now is summer low flow of 1.9 meters per second. Grand levels down here are N/A so guess the water rised pretty quickly to knock out the sensors lol.

#95 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

And there's no more rain in the forecast till Sunday night.

jeez i don't know what happened but yesterday when i checked the forecast it showed rain for the next couple of days now its changed.

wish they'd make up their minds lol

ill shoot out that txt later tonight bud, forgot phone at my girls house :(

#96 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Just asking the question here.......Looking at the pin drop on the map you posted it would appear that the river goes through private lands.  Are we OK to access the river and fish or are the landowners going to be pissed with the number of people?  Or is it C.A. lands and open to public? 

#97 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

It's all private lands there are no homes near the river just forest and land. Yeah the land is private property least I'd assume it is. I've been down there a bunch of times no issues wading the river or issues with landowners honestly I've never seen anyone on the water fishing or rarely driving up and down the road, there's not many homes on this road. The stretch to the left a ways is CA land but it's not public access I head to the bridge walk a little ways in the woods beside the river then hop in the water and wade

#98 BNG

BNG

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hey Kit,

Will not be able to make it this time. Work / family ...........

Have fun and post some pictures.

May be next time.

Cheers

#99 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

All good man.

#100 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

So Nith is kinda high right now. Flow is 3 meters per second faster then normal.