• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Braedon

Braedon

Sunfish

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Just curious has anyone used both of these reels? I have a Chronarch E and i absolutely love it and I have been looking at both the new Curado I and another Chronarch E in a high speed gear ratio. Considering they both are similar prices, guys who have used them do you think one is better than the other? I'm running on the assumption that most people are saying that the Chronarch E is quite similar to the Curado E, with exception to the spool. Curado in a white Tux as i have heard it called. Is this new Curado I an improvement then?

Cheers Braedon 

#2 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

From my understanding the Chronarch is much like the first Japanese run of curado's, If you are looking for an "old school" style baitcaster with all the tech of the new reels Id go chronarch. But after having the new curado in my hand I think youd be stupid not to go that route. With xship there is no movement in the reel, I quite like the overall feel of it.

My limited 2 cents

#3 azp

azp

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

just echoing IR4J the new chronarchs are reminiscent of the previous model of curados, whereas the new cI4+ series is a clear improvement over both.  I'm old school so itll be a while until i switch over, no point since the older reels were built for reliability.

#4 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

I've felt the curado in store and if I needed another reel and I had extra $$ laying around I would pick one up. Really like the position of the cast control knob and the weight and feel of it.

#5 Braedon

Braedon

Sunfish

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Pretty sound logic, thanks guys. I wonder if they will phase the Chronarch E out then and just keep the CI4+ and the Curado I. Basically  move the Chronarch series back to its old price point at $300.