• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JordanMcK

JordanMcK

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Anybody ever fish the Dunnville dam?.. What is commonly caught there? (Other than carp and kitties). Worth the drive there?

Any info would be appreciated!

#2 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Haven't been there in a while but when I have gone there I have I caught smallies, walleye and sheepshead along with Catfish as you mentioned. In that area there's a great diversity of fish since its so close to Lake Erie.

#3 Fish Masters

Fish Masters

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

I was there couple weeks ago, you will get catfish from worm or cut bait and sheephead from minnow.

#4 hamtownhog

hamtownhog

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

This time of year i would suggest a 4 am start time just to secure a good spot by the dam ! 

No joke some days i start trolling at 5 am and spots are gone when i start. 

Great Fishery for Bass,cats,walleye,shitheads,and of course carp ,trout , suckers , perch , i have  even snagged a pike on the troll for Gold .

Well worth the drive for a day outing for sure . 

#5 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Extremely diverse spot, cats and drum all year, white bass in the late spring, steelhead mid august to mid september, walleye year round. Terrible spot for snags, I have lost literally 100's of $ in bottom rigs there.

#6 Johnny Hollywood

Johnny Hollywood

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

Bowfin down that way as well.

#7 JeffSimms

JeffSimms

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

Anybody target the bowfin there? I plan on making the trip once the weathers good enough for the boat, wouldn't mind getting a bowfin while goin for channels

#8 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Anybody target the bowfin there? I plan on making the trip once the weathers good enough for the boat, wouldn't mind getting a bowfin while goin for channels

I haven't caught a bowfin in the river there yet, but I don't see why there couldn't be a few in there.

#9 Johnny Hollywood

Johnny Hollywood

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

I have not caught one but have seen others pull them out. I think they like to hang out a few feet from shore.

#10 Hairyfish

Hairyfish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Erie bowfin.jpg

They have now closed the Dunnville dam to fishing within 23m of the outflow! There are bowfin in the channels near the mouth of the Grand near Pt Maitland.