16 replies to this topic

#1 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys,

I went up to Keswick after getting out of work early this past Friday and spent till about 7pm. It was shorefishing off a park on Lake SImcoe with worms. I caught a range of panfish from small ones to ones the size of my hand. It was extremely weedy but a good habitat.

A few minutes before I left I decided to cast into a a really far open spot infront of me. After about 5-10 seconds I see the bobber take a huge plunge down and I felt a strong pull. When i reeled it in I was surprised. It was a bass, I'd estimate around 3lbs.

The biggest fish I ever caught till date, LOL

Attached Images

• 10458117_10152535144379691_7826110284371165507_n.jpg

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Nice fish - very clean.  They only get bigger ;)

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Sweet catch bro!

#4 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Awesome looking, bass man!

#5 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Nice! I'd say closer to a pound but still nice!

#6 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

I took the picture to close up that why it doesnt appear to have the weight. Maybe not 3lbs maybe 2lbs. I really have to buy a scale. Anyways that the first time I reeled in a 'monster' that size LOL. I almost got a mini-heart attack LOL.

#7 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

You're an angler, upping the weight is not only normal, it's to be expected. We don't respect those who haven't learned to properly fib. Next thing to learn is how to take pictures that make them look larger.  ;)

#8 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

You're an angler, upping the weight is not only normal, it's to be expected. We don't respect those who haven't learned to properly fib. Next thing to learn is how to take pictures that make them look larger.  ;)

:lol: :lol:

#9 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Im Sorry? Don't say 'we' dont respect, just say you don't. Other people will speak for themselves. Also yes I estimated, I caught some 1-2 lb bass before with my friends before. This definitely didnt feel like what Ive caught before. Like I said I didnt have a scale, and If I did I wouldve weighed it and gotten the exact weight irregardless is Im right or wrong. You may be more experinces than me that fine, I dont really care. I only gotten into fishing since about a year now. No need for you to come on so mean.

#10 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Very nice fish!! Doesn't matter how big it is/isn't...very tasty battered and fried!! Good job!!

#11 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

Im Sorry? Don't say 'we' dont respect, just say you don't. Other people will speak for themselves. Also yes I estimated, I caught some 1-2 lb bass before with my friends before. This definitely didnt feel like what Ive caught before. Like I said I didnt have a scale, and If I did I wouldve weighed it and gotten the exact weight irregardless is Im right or wrong. You may be more experinces than me that fine, I dont really care. I only gotten into fishing since about a year now. No need for you to come on so mean.

Easy brah, we're all friends here.  Dave was kidding around.  Don't take yourself so seriously.  Learn to take a joke.

Judging by this post, I'm not sure if you know what "respect" is... here is a clue: respect is not trying to make somebody afraid of you.  Tough talk online or in person is a good way to loose friends before you make them.

Nice fish BTW.

Peace.

#12 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

tumblr_m7feihJ1QP1rs7oa9_zpsbdd393d0.png

#13 jtcfishn

jtcfishn

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi Shiner Minnow - What park was this in Keswick?  I'd like to take the kiddies up this week and it would be helpful to have a spot instead of driving around.

Does anyone know of a decent marina that rents reliable boats for a few hours?

Thx

j

#14 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hi Shiner Minnow - What park was this in Keswick?  I'd like to take the kiddies up this week and it would be helpful to have a spot instead of driving around.

Does anyone know of a decent marina that rents reliable boats for a few hours?

Thx

j

I dont know about marina's but this was off lake simcoe in a park called Adeline Park. Shore Fishing is limited for lake simcoe and since ice fishing gets so busy there actually trying to limit it more. This park is nice and open but it is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY weedy. Theres also parking right by the park as well. 

#15 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Adeline Park is here: 44.197299,-79.479848  Roadside parking, but it looks quite wide and safe, and a couple of porta-potties.

#16 jtcfishn

jtcfishn

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the details GTRamo and Dave...!  Always looking for some fishing spots for the kids.  If there are any other decent locations not too far out of the GTA, please let me know.  Doesn't matter on the size, so long as there is action the kids will be happy.  Cheers!

#17 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the details GTRamo and Dave...!  Always looking for some fishing spots for the kids.  If there are any other decent locations not too far out of the GTA, please let me know.  Doesn't matter on the size, so long as there is action the kids will be happy.  Cheers!

Fishing in the GTA is not that good. If you want to get some good fishing I'd suggest driving out. I go to Peterborough alot and fish and source of water I see in the area with great success. If you just want some fun for your kids that is a very good area, very healthy and productive. Im going there in 2 weeks for camping plus fishing. So excited!

I never tried the Toronto Islands but I heard its a really good place to fish as well. You can catch alot of panfish and pike I believe. Not too sure.