• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

enjoy!   *** pro tip:  go to the youtube site and watch in 1080 on theater or full screen mode.  You can see some fish milling about and you can see the one fish come in and snatch up my fly. Worth watching in HD!!

https://www.youtube....h?v=cyVZ23A49ws

#2 Rivermaniac

Rivermaniac

Sunfish

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Sweet vid tcp.

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

1080p FTW!!!!

Did you install a polarized filter?

#4 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Rivermaniac, thanks Pump, ya man, got the polarized lens plus a few others. Makes a big difference

#5 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Yea man!  I can tell.

I had to watch it again

#6 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Great video!

#7 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

That makes me really want to get into carp on the fly! They look so strong!
Do you find that for carp you need to have pin point accuracy though? As in, drop the fly a little ways away and they won't bother coming to it?

#8 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Great video!

thanks

That makes me really want to get into carp on the fly! They look so strong!
Do you find that for carp you need to have pin point accuracy though? As in, drop the fly a little ways away and they won't bother coming to it?

accuracy needs to be pretty on point.  Carp do not forgive a bad cast, they're very spooky, you have to sneak the fly right in front of them in most cases.   Although, when they are feeding on certain items, like crayfish, they will chase a moving/drifting fly.  This happens more so in the great lakes, but ive had them chase leeches and hit drifted bugs and corn imitations in rivers as well.

#9 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

Great video, man! Being able to watch the take and the hook-set was incredible!!

#10 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Great video, man! Being able to watch the take and the hook-set was incredible!!

Dont forget the tail slap :P

Thanks man,  next vid, hoping to get underwater footage of a take,  always pushing one step further with the vids.  Go pro makes it possible

#11 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

great vid man. i already subbed form the last one but this will get a thumbs up as well ;)

thanks for sharing brother

#12 GuitarBuildingAngler

GuitarBuildingAngler

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

tcp, that was amazing man. Great vid. What fly were you using? 

#13 grayer

grayer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I know that exact spot, I live around that area. I see those fish swimming around all the time, I would love to get one on the fly that would be amazing 

#14 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

great vid man. i already subbed form the last one but this will get a thumbs up as well ;)

thanks for sharing brother

thanks ;)

tcp, that was amazing man. Great vid. What fly were you using? 

thanks.  believe it or not, a corn imitation I came up with.  i start by wrapping the hook in lead wire, then I cut out a heart shape piece of yellow fly foam (I actually use dollar store craft foam) and fold over the lead, tie off,super glue the foam together and coat foam in head cement .  The combination of lead and foam make it sink very slow and stand up at the bottom of the river bed.

I know that exact spot, I live around that area. I see those fish swimming around all the time, I would love to get one on the fly that would be amazing 

a good place to get practice around there is at the park, in the stream that feeds the duck pond.  may 24 weekend, they open a barrier and let all the water in to fill the pond, as soon as they do that the carp pile in like crazy.  good practice grounds there.gotta use small flies for them though, theyre turbo spooky