Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

I have and again am fishing again in coll

#2 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ingwood and I can't catch a thing, seen a couple big ones but for one of the Great Lakes it's pretty dead. I am fishing at shore and tried all possible places even a fishing boat guide, no success!

#3 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

I think this area is a dead zone, but thinking again that it Is a part of Lake Huron I am going to try again. My usual set up is worms or a blue shiny lure, no success, no good cover for the fish I can see. Only caught two 5 inch rock bass. This week vist I want to catch something bigger.

#4 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

I have some decent spots but the fish are silent. Should I try some local small lakes like lake eugina for a fish or should I fish on? Am I doing something wrong with my choice of lures and bait? Or is the Georgian bay, nottawasaga bay collingwood just a bad fishing spot overrun by the gobies? Help is appreciated! :-)

#5 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Has anyone fished this area before?

#6 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Has anyone fished this area before?

#7 Drop_Shot

Drop_Shot

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Nothing there... You're right! lol

#8 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Great fishing in the area, you just need to know where to go. Do some exportation and you will find fish. You also don't necessarily need a boat, some of the rivers in that area get a good run of smallies in the summer. If you put in some leg work you will locate them

#9 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Nothing there... You're right! lol

No, nothing there ;-) .

Great fishing in the area, you just need to know where to go. Do some exportation and you will find fish. You also don't necessarily need a boat, some of the rivers in that area get a good run of smallies in the summer. If you put in some leg work you will locate them

What DW said x2.

GB itself has some huge Smallies and Pike. Yes leg work. I find tossing a Daredevel works well in exploration as both species seem to respond to the red and white, as will other fish. If you're not in a boat seek out large boulders, fallen trees or weed beds from shore. Places that provide cover for fish and cast to them. Top-waters will work at night-fall and dawn in locations like this.

Finally, Salmon and Trout will be staging soon at the mouths of many tribs in the area.

Alfie.

#10 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

yea its best to stay away from that area ;)

#11 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

yea its best to stay away from that area ;)

Lmfao

Alfie.

#12 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

The daredevils spoon is a good idea, I think the area like that because it's sandy and so shallow at shore for such a big distance

#13 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Thxs for the suggestions there are big fish here am just going to fish on

#14 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

None of the below fish were caught on Georgian Bay last week around 10 am  

image1_zps75331f74.jpeg

image_zpsf3e63757.jpeg

image2_zps4f5a06ea.jpeg

#15 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

you're right about the lack of obvious cover and structure. i go to the cottage which is on the eastern side in tiny township. when i go to the beach there, there's no weeds whatsoever and just a handful of rocks. this makes for good swimming but not so great fishing.

however, i have seen on a couple occasions, guys wading out to their hips and casting from there and pulling in smallies. so they are there but they are hard to locate, just like the obvious fishing spots are hard to locate.

we just drive the ten minutes to penetang harbour and fish there where there are weeds.

if you're close by and got time, just keep looking and keep chucking those lures.

#16 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Went to cranberry harbour in collingwood along the black bass Bay Area I think, used a livetarget yellow perch there where a few fish jumping beside the empty look where they're would usually be some small panfish. Just then my rod starts tugging a bit, I react but then for the second time in my life now, the fish ( 10+ inch bass) jumps out of the water trying to grab it and takes it underwater and then spits it out. :-( But I learned the lures to use natural looking lures and blue shiny ones will get a strike because of the water clearness!