11 replies to this topic

#1 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hey,

I have a meeting tomorrow evening in Georgetown, was just planning my driving route as the 401 gets smoked around the time I need to be there, and I noticed the credit river flows through Georgetown.

Anyone fish there?  Im going to pack some dries and give the sunset a whirl and report back.  Anyone have any tips on locations etc?   I know the forks isn't too far away but Ill have minimal time to be on the water, cant waste it driving to the forks, gunna try in georgetown

Feel free to PM any infoz.

#2 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

ehh might not be good bud unless you enjoy fingerlings and chubb...

the streetsville dam stops a lot of the fish you'd want this time of year from getting anywhere and then norval again..

but if you enjoy little fish youll have a great time. and if you do happen to get something big id be surprised and also id like to see it ;)

cheers

edit: past inglewood you can get into some nice browns but its not the best conditions for them right now. but its not much farther then georgetown..

waters is most likely too warm more south then that though right now

#3 JrFloatnFly

JrFloatnFly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

As said the water in that stretch is generally too warm this time of year. Check the temps, ive been told from electrofishing crews that there are groundwater recharge areas in some sections of the river around there that can hold some decent trout.

#4 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Thanks. Didn't get a chance to see your replies til now.

I ended up stopping in norval and checking out a creek there. You were right....

uploadfromtaptalk1408066497919.jpg

Lots of these guys were rising when I got to the creek, was hoping what I was seeing was small trout, but no, chub. All good though, caught about 5 of them on a tan caddis in 10 min, then I went home. Not a total waste since I was driving by there anyway.

#5 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Thanks. Didn't get a chance to see your replies til now.
I ended up stopping in norval and checking out a creek there. You were right....
attachicon.gifIMG_20140814_202008.jpg
Lots of these guys were rising when I got to the creek, was hoping what I was seeing was small trout, but no, chub. All good though, caught about 5 of them on a tan caddis in 10 min, then I went home. Not a total waste since I was driving by there anyway.

Better than sitting on the couch! Plus any practice is good practice.

#6 andrak

andrak

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I was there about a month ago and caught a pike on a spinner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408235049.891766.jpg

#7 JrFloatnFly

JrFloatnFly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

I was there about a month ago and caught a pike on a spinner
attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408235049.891766.jpg

Nice! I didn't think pike could be found in that stretch

#8 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

I had the same question. Im not afraid to explore and find new spots, but this helps me answer the question....just the usual chub and not so exciting fish. My buddy lives in georgetown, guess i wont be bringing my equipment with me when I visit  :P

On another note, how would there be brown trout that far up if they can`t get passed the dams?

#9 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

They are resident Browns

#10 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Further upstream they stock Atlantic and browns.

#11 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

FYI. There is no stocking of Browns in the the credit. All the browns there are resident wild fish

#12 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Not entirely true. There is no brown stocking in the upper. The lower is stocked for a lake-run population. I heard at one point they were lifting them over norval. Not sure if That's still the case