227_013.gif

hahaha!! V for victory!!

#22 Rockman110886

Rockman110886

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Shake a bunch of table salt on your hands and wash 'em.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

#23 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

tell your wife or girlfriend or what ever that you are doing manly $hit like hunting and foraging for food. A prime testosterone riddled man beast that has no time for dainty little cleanups during life sustaining activities like providing a source of protein and sustenance 

#24 Rockman110886

Rockman110886

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

thanks everyone for the replies. Tight lines everyone!

#25 Rockman110886

Rockman110886

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

tell your wife or girlfriend or what ever that you are doing manly $hit like hunting and foraging for food. A prime testosterone riddled man beast that has no time for dainty little cleanups during life sustaining activities like providing a source of protein and sustenance 

The wife is actually one of my main fishing partners! lol We go out 3-4 times a week! 

#26 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

This was awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

I often tell my wife of me fishing is the main source of food for our family, we'd be in pretty awful conditions lol.

#27 Joel52

Joel52

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

I've had worse problems to deal with, but interesting answers to say the least! My solution - get used to it, eventually you will and you won't even notice it anymore...

#28 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

I've tried lemon juice, but it doesn't work for me. I had a huge bottle and would soak my hands, but still fish! Haha

You could try handling a few dead worms before you come home from the next few outings. Whoever is complaining about the smell would then be relieved when your hands just start smelling like fish again!!! :mrgreen:  :razz:

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

I use orange pumice wipes I get from my plumbing wholesaler , they take the smell out Everytime , they come in a small pale you can keep in your trunk ! , only cost 20 dollars for 50 takes about two and the smell is completely gone

#30 crankerup

crankerup

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

haha

227_013.gif

LMFAO NICE!!!!

#31 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

armor all wipes; The cleanup ones I think they are in a purple tube, I always have them in the truck and seem to do wonders. When I was first applying for SAIL I had been fishing in the morning ended up being a little late to my signing (it happens!) not wanting to smell of fresh steelhead I tried these and it seemed to work.

Matt

#32 Rockman110886

Rockman110886

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

armor all wipes; The cleanup ones I think they are in a purple tube, I always have them in the truck and seem to do wonders. When I was first applying for SAIL I had been fishing in the morning ended up being a little late to my signing (it happens!) not wanting to smell of fresh steelhead I tried these and it seemed to work.

Matt

thanks man I'll try that.

#33 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Matt

Couldn't you have used the smell of fresh steelhead on your hands as a reference? It would probably go something like this.. 

You: Smell it!! Smell it! I know fishes!

Them: You're hired! Here are the keys to the store!

See? Lots of exclamation marks and lots of excitement.

#34 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Couldn't you have used the smell of fresh steelhead on your hands as a reference? It would probably go something like this.. 

You: Smell it!! Smell it! I know fishes!

Them: You're hired! Here are the keys to the store!

See? Lots of exclamation marks and lots of excitement.

Lots of excitement, lots of smiles, lots of high fives! I like it Shawarma, but at this point I already had the job and it was time to talk business 

#35 Braedon

Braedon

Sunfish

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

I sing the abc twice and use anti bacterial soap. It weird but you need a lot of friction for the soap to work. It's literally nothing fancy just not proper washing

#36 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

Latex gloves work well too......throw on a pair before handling / cleaning fish...

#37 gonebankfishing

gonebankfishing

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

The old apple cented dish soap works for me, I wind up washing my hands more at the kitchen sink than I do in bath room.

#38 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Sooo many solutions to a non-problem!! :lol:

#39 chinooky

chinooky

Sunfish

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

rub in some baby oil, then wash it off with soap!