• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Has anyone tried their luck at Bay***ld pier lately?  Would like to take the wife and my 2 boys there tonight.   I have heard in the past that there is decent size fish that run through that trib, but I have never fished there this time of year for salmon.  

Thank you.

#2 guzatron

guzatron

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Have you been out there yet ? Thinking about going Saturday or Sunday , i know there was fish last year this time

#3 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Heading there maybe tonight.  See how it goes.  Going to be a lot of rain & possible thunderstorms.  Not too safe.  

#4 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

So the Huron trip last weekend, was interesting.  10ft waves coming in, and the pier was deserted.  Funny, the CO's came by to check my license though.. odd.  Didn't catch a thing.  

Went up the the Sa****n shores area.  Also, dead, but good water conditions.  Was pretty cold, but no fish to be found.  

Still a bit early I am guessing.  Might try again in another week on a few of the tributaries there.  Found a couple places that looked quite peaceful for river fishing. 

#5 chinooky

chinooky

Sunfish

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

I always thought northern fish run sooner. But it seems like the opposite is happening

#6 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

I always thought northern fish run sooner. But it seems like the opposite is happening

Actually, the Eastern Tribs have fishes before the West and or GB and Huron Tribs. I could be wrong.

#7 Porkpie

Porkpie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Some yes, some no. Some Huron/ GB tribs have had salmon since mid-late August, others none. Some will have the odd early steelhead too. In the east there are certain creeks that will get fish with the first heavy rainfall in August also. Time spent in the areas will give you the experience to know which is which!

#8 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Some yes, some no. Some Huron/ GB tribs have had salmon since mid-late August, others none. Some will have the odd early steelhead too. In the east there are certain creeks that will get fish with the first heavy rainfall in August also. Time spent in the areas will give you the experience to know which is which!

Yeah true

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: huron, salmon