• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 tom m

tom m

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

I was kayak fishing with my nephew in the Arden area . About 50ft from shore I seen a man cutting his lawn across the road and up a hill

from the lake .He seen us fishing and stopped cutting his lawn came down the hill from his cottage  crossed the road and started asking me if i was having any trouble catching fish  .I said always . Then he says to me your gonna have alot more trouble now because im gonna drive circles around you until you leave . I thought he was kidding  I wasn't even close to his  dock .He gets in his boat and drives up to me and starts up about me having every gadget none to man on my kayak and why do I have to fish near his dock I ask do you want me to leave and he says He didn't say that  then he says that when his grand kids come for the weekend  there are no fish to catch and starts with the name calling  and threats . it got to the point when I would cast he would try to run over my line   a few choice words were said  then he backed his motor into a rock . And we parted ways  . What is this world coming to? has this happened to anyone else  here . I have it on you tube but I'm not gonna post it here because of the language  here is the link 

#2 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

lmao unreal never heard of that before, i probably would've handled it much worse than you though lol.

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

how much worse?

#4 tom m

tom m

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

the title of the video is  Don't fish in front of my dock its on youtube

#5 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

HAHA. wow. i'm not sure how i'd react in that situation. i can't even fathom it. i'm not sure if this guy and the very few others like him i've encountered in life have always been like that or just suddenly became that.

you basically can't reason with a person who turns into that. 

you took the high road and i respect that. i can think of a couple of tournament guys i kind of know who would just about tie up on his dock, step on to his dock and start fishing from there.

#6 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

Lol, that's messed up, not much you can do either since he has size and power advantage

#7 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

More then once this has happened to me, although you obviously aren't doing anything wrong there really isn't much you can do. We were on this dock pattern up north where there were largemouth suspended under these docks in about 10 feet of water. After landing 5 or so fish the cottage owner came out and started giving us hell about our bullet weights putting cracks in his boat, once he noticed we were fishing weightless he switched his story to him not wanting us to put a hook in his water line.

Not much you can do in that situation so we just politely left, there is always another dock.

#8 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

wouldn't it be funny when 10 people in kayaks show up the next day and pretend to fish (or fish) next to his dock just to rustle his jimmies...i know i'd do it just to piss him off more....it's not even going to be fishing anymore but just to make sure his day won't be perfect....heck i'd show up everyday if i can. 

#9 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

report to the police, thats endangering your safety on the water, also ruining your reasonable enjoyment of fishing, which is illegal as well

#10 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

From the Federal Fish and Wildlife Act, 1997:

Fish & Wildlife Act 1997

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing

13. (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;

b )placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or

c) engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

Notice without authority

(2) A person shall not purport to give notice that entry to premises is prohibited for the purpose of hunting or fishing or that hunting or fishing is prohibited on premises unless the person has authority to give the notice. 1997, c. 41, s. 13.

I have three copies of that printed out, and carry them in a waterproof sandwich bag. If anyone ever tries to prevent me from legally fishing a copy will be handed to them. Haven't had to use one yet, fortunately. What he was doing was absolutely illegal. 

#11 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

From the Federal Fish and Wildlife Act, 1997:

I have three copies of that printed out, and carry them in a waterproof sandwich bag. If anyone ever tries to prevent me from legally fishing a copy will be handed to them. Haven't had to use one yet, fortunately. What he was doing was absolutely illegal. 

thats a good idea, where can i find the full thing?

#12 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

That's bad luck coming across a nutbar like that.

Most of the docks I fished this summer, people were extremely friendly. Most of the time, the anglers of the group would come running down to the water, asking me if I want a cold beer and giving me their go-to lures for the lake and explaining the lake structure. 

When you get really lucky, you get a group of bikini glad women on water trampolines, but that's rare :) 

#13 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

When you get really lucky, you get a group of bikini glad women on water trampolines, but that's rare :)

NICE

116782.gif

#14 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

haha

#15 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

I didn't notice she missed the landing until about 5 repeats

#16 Braedon

Braedon

Sunfish

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

I didn't notice she missed the landing until about 5 repeats

Oh thanks for pointing that out, I missed that too. Hell I didnt even see the trampoline till I looked again

#17 Braedon

Braedon

Sunfish

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Also

http://www.e-laws.go...tes_97f41_e.htm

Ownership of bed of body of water

38.  The ownership of the bed of a river, lake or navigable body of water does not give the owner the exclusive right to fish in the water that flows over the bed unless that right is granted by the Crown. 1997, c. 41, s. 38.

#18 rybak

rybak

Sunfish

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

Also

http://www.e-laws.go...tes_97f41_e.htm

Ownership of bed of body of water

38.  The ownership of the bed of a river, lake or navigable body of water does not give the owner the exclusive right to fish in the water that flows over the bed unless that right is granted by the Crown. 1997, c. 41, s. 38.

Are these Crown granted stretches of water in public archives somewhere where it can be searched?

#19 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Are these Crown granted stretches of water in public archives somewhere where it can be searched?

these are generally kings deeds where they actually own the land around and under the water, and some actually do own the water, theres areas around port perry on scugog that do, and its posted.  I know of fishing clubs where the land owners have kings deeds and you pay them  yearly membership fee for 100% access during open season on the rivers

#20 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

It's not really common to come across douchebags...it's actually rare. try fishing south of the border and you will see the worst of the worst. And like salmotrutta has said, when you get lucky it won't only be fishes that would show up. Sometimes I get skunk heavily but yeah, a few "lululemons" coming by to say hi and ask how's the fishing and actually stop for a quick chitchat can turn the worst day fishing a little bit better.