• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

How many baggies should I expect to use per day or if I fish for about 4 hours ?

depends on the fish,  lol  if its on you could blow threw 100,  I always tie 40 bags of mixed color and as shawarma says I re freeze  whats left over  

#22 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

So when I see that I have the package in the mailbox I get all the bag tying gear out. Generally if not that night then the next day I will tie all of my bags in sets of 10 (5 different colors for me). Put them all in a clear sealed thermos (gulp alive travel mug). Roughly say 250 bags, quick math in my head (bt roe 6 per bag, whatever the calculation is) from there I just store it in the fridge. Stayed fresh even though Id take the whole thermos with me when I went. They were returned to the fridge after use...

#23 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

I froze them yesterday without tying them up. But what i did was divide them into about 15 bag outtings. 

My process is this:

- Put either tied bags or loose roe into cling wrap, twist it so it's good and tight. I then melt the tip to form a seal. 

- wrap it in newspaper

- wrap that in aluminum foil

- put it in a heavy duty ziploc bag and remove as much air as possible. 

- put in the freezer and keep it safe. 

I feel like it might be a bit overkill, but last season everytime i took eggs out they looked exactly like they did on Day 1. 

#24 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

like shawarma i use about 10-15 per outing on average. i usually bring 25 in a plastics jar to be safe.

even days where its hot, most times, the bag will still be good after a couple fish unless they get a short strike and tear it open.

usually if a fish hits on the swing or rise itll be game over for that bag because of the tension but hits on the drift its usually still good for a next toss

i just use 2-3 colors max.. one that looks natural with the bag color matching the eggs and usually a bright green or pink backup if visibility sucks.. something to contrast with the brownish hue of dirty water

orange (most natural color) dissapears pretty easy in a brownish water so i carry brighter color bags for visibility.

either way if you buy a bag of roe from fishheads it will last you for many outings and possibly a whole season depending on how much you use.

i still have a half bag left from last year and it still looks as good as the day i got it. and that was supplying lots of friends with bait too. its well worth the money 

#25 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Yup, I still have a batch from my last order and they're still looking good.

#26 muoihoang10

muoihoang10

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

hi everyone anyone know fishhead phone number?

#27 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

hi everyone anyone know fishhead phone number?

i believe we talked 

#28 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Have been using fishheads chinook roe and bow roe for 4 seasons now.  It never disappoints. 

r2rz3a.jpg

#29 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

Just another fishheads roe eater, One of the few days I'm not wearing my fishheads hat on the river.

image9_zps64c1d23c.jpeg

#30 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

Sweet Love it ^^^^^

Sale End Today  Sunday 

#31 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hey man tried to pm you but it wouldn't work, i want to buy a pin between 150 and 180 i saw the steelhead tracker, the r type and the classic drifter. Which would you suggest?

#32 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

Put in a decent sized order, looking forward to putting everything to good use!

#33 andrak

andrak

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

Placed my order on Sunday and the post office misrouted the delivery yesterday, but my order is waiting for me at the mailbox now. I can't wait to try them out. Also, I hope they are still good being in transit for a couple of days.

#34 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Placed my order on Sunday and the post office misrouted the delivery yesterday, but my order is waiting for me at the mailbox now. I can't wait to try them out. Also, I hope they are still good being in transit for a couple of days.

should be just fine 

#35 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Put in a decent sized order, looking forward to putting everything to good use!

perfect,  thanks for the support !!!!!

#36 flandogg

flandogg

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

First time buying/tying my own roe ever and glad I got it from Fishheads. Very helpful and accommodating. I got a little excited thinking the salmon were in the river full force on labour day lol, so I called and Mike quickly put in an order together and shipped it out for me. Got to my house the next day! Will put my next order in soon, thanks again for your help and excellent customer service!

#37 andrak

andrak

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:54 AM

should be just fine

It all seems fine. Heading out now to try em out

#38 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

It all seems fine. Heading out now to try em out

Fish ON!!!!!

#39 JrFloatnFly

JrFloatnFly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Placed my order, noticed that the price of everything is lower than BPS and Sail. Glad to support you.

#40 JrFloatnFly

JrFloatnFly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Placed my order, noticed that the price of everything is lower than BPS and Sail. Glad to support you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roe, Spawn, Sale, Fishing, centerpin, trout, bait, sale