• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Went out east to Brighton with my family for my last fishing trip of the year this past weekend and it was well worth the drive from Toronto.

Originally we went to Ferris Provincial Park for the day to bbq and fishing from within the park on the trent only brought us gobys, lol.

But then I remembered about the Brighton government dock in the Presquile bay. So drove my fams over there. We fished for about

3 hrs with some very nice locals in the area. It was mostly sunfish and smaller perch for first hour, but then I got curious and casted out to a weed-bed closer to shore off the dock with a worm and some weight on my line. After about a 1 minute, I see my bobber plunge down and Im like holy poop this is not a sunfish, lol. "Get the net, get the net" is all I was screaming to my brother. A largemouth that put up a really good fight was at the end of my line. The biggest fish I caught ever so far. I never thought you could catch such big fish from shore. I'd say the bass is close to 5 lbs or so but I don't know for sure as I didn't have a scale.

And then right before we left to go back to Toronto as we were packing up, this lady that was quietly fishing since we arrived suddenly jumped up, and said I think I have a fish on the line. Another guy came quickly and reeled it in. All I seen was the rod bending like no tomorrow. It turned out to be a pike! Probably 6-8 lbs or so. She used a goby as bait. Unfortunately the pike was bleeding and was gunna die so she gave it to us to take home.

I know lots of people have caught way larger fish and probably laugh at these catches, but when your used to catching sunfish and smaller fish from shore and then you get a taste of adrenaline like this, it feels awesome! Anyways it was an amazing way to end the summer. 

Pics below.

Attached Images

• IMG_20140920_171222.jpg
  • IMG_20140921_103056.jpg

#2 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Nice work and congrats on your largest fish. I fished that area once before and caught a bass and a turtle lol.

Seen someone else catch a pretty big pile and what looked like a walleye.

#3 White_bucket13

White_bucket13

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

nice bass

#4 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Guys. It was an amazing weekend. Very andreline rushed and thrilling, lol. Yea couple years ago we camped in the provinical park and there is also a more swampier bay within the park that has lots of weeds. I believe that area has more bass that are larger too. 

#5 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

Sweet bass!

#6 GTRamo

GTRamo

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thanks, it was an amazing battle.

#7 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Nice, that's a beautiful park, been there a few times. Those are fun catches for sure. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pike, Bass, Brighton