• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 azp

azp

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

Not to be a deuce or anything but, would you consider me flossing if im fishing in my estimate a 7 foot pool with a 4 foot max float rig? Im a big fan of the pinkies and out east that was the ticket for me last monday, not as much pressure i guess compared to the weekend, i was drifting roe the first 2 hours got myself 3 nookies, on various colored bags and similar sizes, then when the bite suddenly stoppedi switched into the pinkies, 10 mins later the bite was on like there was no tomorrow, i switched to roe again every hour or so, changing from roe to pinkie every hour, but when i move pools i make it sure that im about estimatedly 3 feet from the bottom, i considered last monday to be one of my sucessfull days 11/15 more or less 5 on the roe and 6 on the pinkie, dont take it wrong from me but i dont think there was anything wrong with my method. And i might have get what your trying to prove the wrong way, (please correct me if i did so) but in a way i kinda got offended that some people were against drifting pinkies, i was searching and hoping a brown or a steelhead would take my offering( specially the pinkie) but i dont know for whatever reason it ends up in the salmons mouth either its pissed off from it drifting beside it, did he really want to eat it or did it have a case of flossing, some folks from quebec were saying im a pro flosser cause i seemed to hit fish more often than them when they were fishing beside me, i got offended that time and decided to be the bigger man and kept my mouth shut. Few hours later they left cause all they were doing was snagging anyway( i mean heavy rods loaded with 60 lb braid and a nasty big spoon and float rigs with 50 lb braided line set deeper than lake ontario) in my very honest opinion my intentions to fish is clean, none of these methods i.e snagging, lining flossing is in anyway acceptable to me, to me if people assume that i was doing such methods to catch fish i wouldnt be on the water, cause i take pride in how my methods were developed and honed. I got nothing bad against you brother or to anyone who gets affected but this thread kinda rubbed me off the wrong way, and if i stepped on someones foot i apologize, i might have just got the message or the point the wrong way

keep doing your thing brotha...all this talk about just another lure

#22 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

I was searching for the salmon derby pics on FB but I guess they removed it.

There was one pic that I remember that was taken on a bend that had the sunken tree. 

I can't believe how many anglers in that one pic.  Someone even pointed out the guys on top of the banks who were jigging.

https://www.facebook...25441195&type=1

#23 steelhead101

steelhead101

Sunfish

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

wow.... gotta love the chick who has got the boot on and and no one else can fish ahahhaah

#24 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

The pic I was talking about isn't on that link.

I guess they choose not to show it.

#25 Vxp

Vxp

Sunfish

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

This was a terribly run derby. What I witnessed was brutal. The conditions were not ideal, summer flows, gin clear water and in the run below the dam, every fish was getting lined. I saw a guy all decked out in float gear go up to a salmon below the new wire and line this Salmon. This was happening all over the place. Very disappointed to say the least. How can a group support guys who fish 7 foot leads in 2 feet of gin clear water? Give your heads a shake guys. What a gong show.

#26 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

Flossmasters open. As I like to call it

#27 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

i didnt believe the pink worm thing untill today.

buddy was spotting salmon in pools and ripping em out like nothing.. noticed he had a pink worm on. oh and also about 8 feet below the float in about 3 feet of water. not fast water either...

i just walked away shaking my head.

retarded

#28 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

I have recently witnessed 2 guys snagging steelhead in the bellies and tails with float rigs. The water was chocolate milk, fast flowing and right beneath a dam. Never seen anything like it before. Not gonna go over their rig cause don't want anyone else trying it out.

Whats their rig??? Hahahahaha

#29 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

7F471E0F-C0EA-4CA0-954E-B307811671EC.jpg

My personal favourite setup, 200 pound Dacron a 1/0 treble and a pound of lead. Buddy found this on a GB trib...

#30 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

Can I have my rig back Float down?  That custom lead took me some time - PM me for meet up location - thanks.

#31 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Can I have my rig back Float down? That custom lead took me some time - PM me for meet up location - thanks.

Sorry bud already took it back for scrap metal, 10 bucks in lead :)

#32 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Sorry bud already took it back for scrap metal, 10 bucks in lead :)

Man you could become famous if you started throwing that thing in the water, how about snagging 3 chinnies at a time?? Maybe you could fit 2 chinnies on each hook totalling 6 chinnies per cast. The snaggers would be beggin you for it.

#33 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

2lk37g8.jpg

#34 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

My line got tangled with another anglers line and that's what he was using.

6 hooks in total.

#35 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

kinda looks like this

bama-riggin.jpg

#36 FISHIN'king

FISHIN'king

Sunfish