21 replies to this topic

#1 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hi guys/girls,
Long time fisherman from the uk who will be visiting your shores next summer (4th visit), exact timing to be confirmed , hopefully to coincide with the salmon. I hope you don't mind me poking around your forum looking for tips. I will be based around Hamilton area but with a car available I will be travelling. Fishing time will be limited as we have family to visit and the wife will not be impressed with me disappearing too often.

Tight lines.

#2 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

Howdy

#3 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

lol ^strong username.  :lol: 

and Welcome!

#4 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Welcome - male fish are called bucks here :)  Never tell them they have a nice c...

#5 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

UK. University of Kentucky? Lol. College basketball fan here.
Welcome to the forum.
Im based in Hamilton. I know lots of spots nearby to catch a few fish and have a good day or half day out on the waters.
Feel free to drop me a PM, or I will send one this weekend.

Alfie.

#6 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome .

Alfie that's a great offer and I'd like to take you up on it any info gratefully received.

More of a football fan than basketball maybe I will will be educated when I come over?

Cheers

#7 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Welcome to the forums! Tons to learn if you search for it and friendly bunch (most of 'em lol). 

#8 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

I am based in the Niagara area but since we have crap fishing I tend to fish up towards hamilton, oakville and mississauga. If you're interested in spoon chucking PM me, I know a good spot near hamilton.

#9 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Ever fish for carp back home?

#10 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

I live a spot of carp fishing to and remember on one of my previous trips that there are some real beauties in the area. My memory could be failing me but I think I was in Cambridge fishing a weir and just at the base of the weir in water that looked way to fast to be holding carp bread squeezed onto a hook and loose lined into the flow was deadly ( I copied off a local) . When I had caught a few and returned them he came over and questioned me as to why I was returning them and asked if he could have the ones I caught so he could take them home to eat! I couldn't believe it , we just don't eat them over here although many were introduced to the country by monks who kept them for food so I suppose they could be tasty. Thanks so much for the offers of local info it can ( and I am sure will) make all the difference.

Cheers

#11 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

Long time no post but I have been lurking😀
Timings confirmed as July 30th arrival and then 3 weeks of fun in your lovely country. A bit early for the salmon ( in the rivers)?? I am sure I will find something to catch in their place.

#12 fenwickfisher

fenwickfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Yes I would say that July would be a bit early for salmon however if you can get out onto lake Ontario I'm sure you could hook up with a few

#13 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

That's the revised plan . I need to find a decent skipper to find me some fish. I can't come all that way and not try for one (salmon)

#14 roughsquare

roughsquare

Sunfish

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

I've gone out with Andrew's Charters in Port Credit a couple times with good success: http://www.andrewscharter.ca

#15 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

I am based in the Niagara area but since we have crap fishing I tend to fish up towards hamilton, oakville and mississauga. If you're interested in spoon chucking PM me, I know a good spot near hamilton.

Not sure about crap fishing in the Niagara region.
Last year discovered a spot, thanks to a friend, where I caught my 2 biggest Lakers ever, as well as my PB Brown and PB Walleye. Also hooked and lost another 'eye that would have been or at least close to a PB.
Anyway Ciderbooze, am in Hamilton, altho not Salmon, I could put us on a few spots 20 mins away where we could get 20 Bass and Cats in a morning with the added chance of Pike, 'eyes, Gar, Bowfin and maybe a Rainbow or Brown.

Alfie. Cheers.

#16 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Not sure about crap fishing in the Niagara region.
Last year discovered a spot, thanks to a friend, where I caught my 2 biggest Lakers ever, as well as my PB Brown and PB Walleye. Also hooked and lost another 'eye that would have been or at least close to a PB.
Anyway Ciderbooze, am in Hamilton, altho not Salmon, I could put us on a few spots 20 mins away where we could get 20 Bass and Cats in a morning with the added chance of Pike, 'eyes, Gar, Bowfin and maybe a Rainbow or Brown.

Alfie. Cheers.

#17 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

Oops sorry bout the double post.

#18 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Brilliant Alfie and rough that's great info. Alfie expect a pm nearer the date ta.

#19 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Brilliant Alfie and rough that's great info. Alfie expect a pm nearer the date ta.

#20 Ciderbooze

Ciderbooze

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Bloody double post here to😔