• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sketty55

sketty55

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Is anyone here familiar with Canadian Trophy Fishing? This past winter I paid electronically for a fishing charter that was scheduled for June of this summer. The booking was never fulfilled as the Operator did not confirm the trip, however mass emails were generated shortly thereafter advising that the captain was suffering from a health condition and that they had damaged their new vessel. As a result, they were considering selling the business. An additional email was distributed advising that they had sold the boat and that refunds would be issued to customers. I have followed up several times via email and phone calls to inquire about the refund, however no response was provided. I believe they are still in business as the website, phone numbers, and email contact info remain in service.

I had booked a charter the previous year with them which was fulfilled, and was a satisfying experience. I had no reservation rebooking and paying in full this year.

I am assuming that I am not the only one who may be in this situation.

Any comments are appreciated!

#2 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Same thing happened to me, and @Sayan we were going to a charter together and he canceled and didn't give any refund what so ever. if you used paypal file a claim. unfortunately we used cash so we can't really demand to have it back 

#3 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

civil court is always an option or calling your local pd,,

#4 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

thats a good idea paul, gonna have to get to that. He said he would give us a free pass to another trip if we came in early as the weather was getting bad and we weren't getting any fish, and now he won't give us that trip. he said he won't give a refund because we already got out 

#5 sketty55

sketty55

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've tried to call a lawyer but it isn't worth it with the fees. I can't request a refund from my cc as several months have passed already. There must be some consumer protection in place to prevent these type of people from operating a business like this. Thanks for the suggestions Paul, I thought the local pd would just refer me to a lawyer.

#6 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

You dont need a lawyer to file a small claims court (law suit). Head down to the local court and get the paper work.

Going to the Police wouldn't necessarily get your $ but depending on all the facts he could be charged for fraud....

#7 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Gloabal Toronto has a piece each night called consumer SOS hosted by shawn o'shay. Could shoot him a call/email, worth a shot anyway.