25 replies to this topic

#21 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

I have had bows strike a Big O, a common bass type crankbait 

In fact I know guys who fish them heavy for steelhead, the crayfish pattern does well in some north rivers

#22 curtis89

curtis89

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Using a jerkbait for pike up north in 8' of water, and a big laker smashed it.  same weekend, casted a very large spinnerbait for pike, and landed a 30" walleye.  very cool bonus fish.

#23 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

caught a massive snapping turtle on a soft hackle fly while sight fishing for carp in dirty water.   the ordeal was a big let down, the turtle spooked all the fish out of the hole and cost me 30 minutes trying the get my fly back when ultimately i had to cut my line.  Should have just broke him off but it was my last fly that I had on me.  sort of ruined the day

#24 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Caught my biggest rainbow this year with a watermelon senko 5 inch worm wacky rigged while fishing for Bass. I guess its not a huge surprise trout like worms, was really not expecting it though. 

#25 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

mid cast a duck flew into my line, i was pier fishing and no way was that guy breaking my braid lol, it was one heck of an ordeal 

#26 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

Opening day for Chrome a few years ago, Pitching a # 2 Mepps Black Fury in a west trib. 25 lb Carp.

Thought I had a world record Chrome for a while.

Years ago when it was legal, using perch parts for bait for Pike in Eastern Lake O. Huge Bowfin, first time I ever saw one. Would guess 20.

Also a long time ago but caught the same snapping turtle 3 times in 4 years, nuther west trib. Hooked in the mouth twice on worms and snagged once on a worm. The reason I know it was the same turtle was it only had 3 feet and one stump. We were crazy when I was 16 and I don't know exactly how we wieghed it but was 32 lbs.

Alfie.