• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 steve7321

steve7321

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

they were the first bait i used as a kid and i say a salmon actually strike it during the day. i will some times tie some up with eggs instead of using styrofoam floats.

#22 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Have a cigar Matt.

#23 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Look at it this way, do salmon eggs float down river in groups of 5-8 eggs tied in mesh? Nope, they float down river as singles, yet roe bags still work very well. These may not resemble eggs but the color is one that is proven to work on steelhead and the scent may be good too. If they float then they wont be the most ideal for float fishing but would work for bottom bouncing.

If you are new to steelheading I would suggest starting out fishing with roe bags because I think it is the easiest way to learn. From there you can branch out into the ridiculous amount of options available.

#24 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

You have better chance of foul-hooking a fish this method than actually them hitting this bait. Do they work? yes...are they better than other methods out there? I can honestly say...not even close. I've used them....out of 20 salmons that I caught during the season I used this bait.15 we're foul hooked...5 we're hooked on the mouth. only used them 1 season and just try to buy the hype. I will never use them again. They just don't work on the water I fish now. That's one more thing you need to consider. It all depends where you fish as well.

#25 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

15 we're foul hooked...5 we're hooked on the mouth

Looks like you need to practice your mouth hookin' LOL just kidding...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trout, salmon, steelhead, glo mallows, how to catch