• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Just a quick question, is it legal to fish for salmon and trout anywhere in the west trib from the Lake up until south of the 407? I notice a lot of little conservation areas along the way but I don't see any no fishing signs. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

~~~River~~~

#2 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Check the regs, zone 16 i believe

#3 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

It says eglington ave up to 407.  If you've seen the fish send me a PM, I'd like to finally hook up there.  I've been a few times since April and haven't seen anything.  However, I have caught a decent 2lb largemouth drifting crawlers pretty far up north

#4 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

YEEEEHAAAWWWW.... found a pond. Beautiful fish just below a small waterfall in the "West Trib" about 6 minutes from my place. Finally some action instead of driving 1 hour 15 minutes to an east trib. I needed some excercise and did some hiking and found the glory hole. I hope they stay for a week or so, maybe the trout will start running soon after, I'm looking forward to testing that theory... piece and quiet at last and no-one around so I can HOWL.... when I catch these baby's.

#5 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

and yes, I checked the regulations and even called the ministry to make sure it was legit. They told me I was fine and to enjoy. Gotta love it!

#6 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

Night fishing would require a good ol' Coleman lantern but is well worth it. They are smashing everything from fly's to slip-rigs, marshmellows, troutbait... anything that floats... I ran out of bait so I found a piece of styrofoam in the bushes, they hit that too! lol. Everything in the mouth, I foul hooked one by accident but landed a ton. I let all the fish back to do their business, but even if they get the job done, I'm not optimistic about the proceeds. Environment Canada has been doing a great job trying to replenish this river since 1990 but I think the pollutants are still a little much to handle after 50 years of morons. We'll see, but still amazing to see them trying... let's be hopeful.

#7 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

Its making its way to a better future - I've heard that the river holds a few secrets ;)  Best part is not many people fish it

#8 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

5 million people and noone knows poop about sport fishing... kinda surprising actually... they are A) Too freakin lazy to explore, or B) just wanna eat em and they think it's dangerous... you know who you are! Good luck... eat em and die... or catch them, put them back and try for a better future.

#9 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Thats my two cents worth. I have a good spot, the moderators can cancel my post, Tails Up!

#10 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

I ran out of bait so I found a piece of styrofoam in the bushes, they hit that too! lol.

sigh /facepalm

#11 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

Good thing you edited your posts, lots of people will be coming to your area if you haven't done so.

#12 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

Saw a bunch of those 'people' today but it's all good.  None of them caught anything, and it was nice to be able to educate them about salmon fishing.  

Also, RiverStevens, you can post all the things you want to say in a single post, no need to multi-post lol

#13 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

No swearing please :)

#14 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

^schisse

#15 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Too bad it was raining.... I just want to get back to it. darn job.

#16 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

They are smashing everything from fly's to slip-rigs, marshmellows, troutbait... anything that floats... I ran out of bait so I found a piece of styrofoam in the bushes, they hit that too! lol. Everything in the mouth

Were they really "hitting"?  or were hitting them in the mouth with a well timed floss. come on, styrofoam?  did you try cigarette butts?  I hear that really turns them on too.  Those dang salmons, theyve been nic'ing hard since last fall.... sheesh

#17 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

iCr7IXNkWdIEW.jpg

#18 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Oh man, I didn't even think about cigarette butts, that's a darn good idea. They will definitely have to floss after a good butt!

#19 RiverStevens

RiverStevens

Sunfish

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hehe

#20 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts