19 replies to this topic

#1 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hey all,

Headed up next week to a certain west trib. There's an extended season there but it's a sanctuary from dusk till dawn. Most should know where I'm talking about.

Having an argument about whether we can fish down stream of the old bridge or not before dawn. I'm reading that the season is closed from the old bridge down to the mouth. Only part open is upstream of that old bridge.

Am I right? Feel free to pm me.

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

I would call the Ministry just to be on the safe side. I for one live in the West end and have no clue what your talking about. :???:

#3 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hey all,
Headed up next week to a certain west trib. There's an extended season there but it's a sanctuary from dusk till dawn. Most should know where I'm talking about.
Having an argument about whether we can fish down stream of the old bridge or not before dawn. I'm reading that the season is closed from the old bridge down to the mouth. Only part open is upstream of that old bridge.
Am I right? Feel free to pm me.

I have fished all over the west tribs and I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Where'd you read this?

#4 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

yea bud i wish i could help you out, but ive been all over these west tribs and never seen those kind of rules :(

#5 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

Maybe if I change the phase "old bridge" to abutment. Does that help? Yea I'm 100% sure as I have the reg book in front of me.

This is a fun game [emoji1]

#6 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

I've seen some crazy classifications by people as to what 'west' is.

West as in.. West of Toronto, right? East of kitchener?

#7 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

To me west is Lake Huron. East is Lake Ontario. North is Georgian bay.

There was a post about a "west trib by the 407", so ya I guess people's classifications of locations are all over the place.

#8 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

east and west tribs are lake o tribs and yonge st is the boarder then we have erie tribs,  huron tribs and gb tribs I think most of the members see it this way

#9 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Oh that makes sense. I guess I'm talking about a Huron trib then lol

#10 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

east and west tribs are lake o tribs and yonge st is the boarder then we have erie tribs,  huron tribs and gb tribs I think most of the members see it this way

giphy.gif

#11 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

You can fish from the dam down to the abutments until dec 31.  But not until 30 min before sunrise and until 30 min after sunset, during the month of october

From the abutments down is considered zone 13 and is open all year, night fishing is ok

#12 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

here, no need in playing the "dont name the trib" game.  were talking about regs, not fish being caught,.  Heres the exact rules for the location your talking about

http://files.ontario...prod_067120.pdf

#13 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

Yea that's the one I was looking at. I was right. Funny thing is we were there before sunrise (not fishing) and Guys were already shoulder to shoulder with float lights. And about 40 people downstream of the abutments too. Figure they either didn't know it just didn't care... Im guessing the latter.

#14 DaveC

DaveC

Sunfish

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

Yea that's the one I was looking at. I was right. Funny thing is we were there before sunrise (not fishing) and Guys were already shoulder to shoulder with float lights. And about 40 people downstream of the abutments too. Figure they either didn't know it just didn't care... Im guessing the latter.

maybe that's 30 mins before a tequila sunrise. Once its 30 mins before one persons sun rise and a float hits the water according to that person its bombs away. No better during the week either.

#15 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

guys get there at 3-4 am just to get a spot for some reason. They shouldn't really be fishing 

#16 GuitarBuildingAngler

GuitarBuildingAngler

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

I was there on the weekend. A lot of people don't care about the rules (which is ridiculous). Let alone common decency towards others. Fishing turns some people into animals. 

#17 free reign

free reign

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Like the dude who wanted to fight me over a spot he was not in but thought he would tell me it was his.

I called him a punk.

Hey bud if you read this you are not a man> youre a punk

Might be time for MNR to pay a visit and the police for the inebriated heros driving

Come getcha some > punk

#18 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

getting there at 3-4 am is the way to do it! if u want "your" spot, even then you dont always get it! i always show up  before sunrise and do a walk around to pick up trash and find others left behinds! last time i found a perfect new container for my roe bags!   thanks forgetful people!!:)

#19 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

Sure get there 4 am. Some guy will come at 8 and plop in right beside u. Useless really.

#20 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

lol when i see people coming i begin to cast like a noob and swing my rod all over...  no one wants to fish beside someone who looks as if they are trying to swat flys with their rod...  lol

some do give it a try, but keep their distance....