• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hey guys, thought i'd share something with you that I've been working on this season. I always wanted to try new techniques with bait and see what happens. Well, looking at what roe bags look like, I thought...hey, wouldn't it be better to use beads to replicate that look? Not having to tie roe or refresh the bags after they pop or turn white.

Here is something extra simple that I came up with, and I'm sure some of you have probably already tried this or seen it somewhere, but I havnt, and so I thought i'd share it here.

The beads are 8mm in diameter, and held strongly together with super glue. They will be set just above the hook, like a regular single bead, however the amount of different presentations and color combinations that can be made here are endless.

I tried using the 3 orange ones yesterday for the first time and hooked into a fat steel! Unfortunately, she bent the hook and was off within two shakes of the head. BUT! No one around me had any hits and this was my first hit in hours, on my first drift using the new bead pattern.

The results are promising (with my whopping sample size of 1 LOL), and the patters look clean, I will be going to try them all out today.

I will report back with the results throughout the season. The best part is that I have angled the beads in such a way that they have a different look depending on which bead is used to attach to the line. Especially the ones in a "straight line" formation, they look wicked and natural just above the hook.

Try it out, let me know what you think!

25hgy7l.jpg

#2 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

Here is something you may be interested in trying (start at the 17th response )

http://www.salmoncra...5-egg-clusters/

#3 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

sweet man. beads are going to take over soon lol

#4 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

just buy the rubber egg clusters and stick em on your hook

#5 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

I've seen rubber eggs for sale but not clusters. Are they commonly avail?  thx

#6 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

Canadian Tire usually has the plastic clusters

#7 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

sail has them in the fly tying section.  but other companies make scented ones as well

egg clusters

#8 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

sail has them in the fly tying section.  but other companies make scented ones as well

egg clusters

We also carry the scented trigger X clusters.