Photo

Invasion Of The Asian Carp Is An Understatement!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

I stuck this Video a the end of the similar Topic.... Kidding in a way, I told "Hamiltonangler"  to also wear a Football Helmet and Mouth Guard  Little did I know!

Some of these Asian (Silver Carp, 1 of 4 Varieties) can go up to 40 Lbs.!

Now that I'm here I might as well post the 4 Varieties and some Commentary on them.

Watch some of the HITS in this video. These guys are NUTS!.

Attached Images

• Invasive Asian Carp Four Species F 600x350.JPG
  • Invasive Asian Carp Four Species A.JPG
  • W Carp Explosion 601x500 A (2).jpg

#2 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

yea, they aren't a small fish.....its basically a salmon that flies 

#3 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Salmon don't fly?

#4 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

Salmon don't fly?

Thank you Sir! I was going to say something but I left it alone. You got a "One Up" for that one ....LOL...

Also this "its basically a salmon that flies".  There is absolutely no connection between a Salmon and Asian Carp.

#5 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thank you Sir! I was going to say something but I left it alone. You got a "One Up" for that one ....LOL...

Also this "its basically a salmon that flies".  There is absolutely no connection between a Salmon and Asian Carp.

no really??? i thought they were the same fish  :roll: sarcasm is lost on you i see. so since i have to explain it out to you lik ei would to my 2y/o, here goes.  i used salmon as a size comparison, since some people (you) don't know how big these fish get.  and the flying reference is because they jump out of the water at the sound of a boat motor.  salmon don't do that.  you take a boat up a river, you don't get thousands of salmon flying over 5ft in the air into the boat.

if you doubt that, heres the proof

#6 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

I would bet that an atlantic salmon could jump higher than a carp. There scientific name isnt "the leaper" for nothing

#7 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Thank You for your comments "FrequentFlyer". That's very kind of you.

"no really??? i thought they were the same fish  :roll: sarcasm is lost on you i see. so since i have to explain it out to you lik ei would to my 2y/o, here goes.  i used salmon as a size comparison, since some people (you) don't know how big these fish get.  and the flying reference is because they jump out of the water at the sound of a boat motor.  salmon don't do that.  you take a boat up a river, you don't get thousands of salmon flying over 5ft in the air into the boat.

if you doubt that, heres the proof."

No! Your Sarcasm was not lost on me. That's why I didn't reply in the first place, but a Moderator did.

I also do no need the "Proof". It's the same type of Video I Posted Above. This one in case you missed it.

Yes. I know how big Salmon get. These "Invasive Carp" can easily reach 40 Lbs. I also understand everything else You've stated in your comments. So. Your Rebuttal was wasted on me.  

I'm also not in favor of this type of Communication. However that's just MY Opinion. If YOU feel it's necessary that's your choice.

Have a nice day.

#8 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

Just in case anyone would like Reliable Information on Atlantic Salmon in this Post. It's as below.

The FULL Description and Scientific Data/Description is in the "Species Forum" or whatever they call it.

Attached Images

• 1 A1t Atlantic Salmon A1 Name and Code.jpg
  • 1 A1t Atlantic Salmon A2 Ecological Value.jpg
  • 1 A1t Atlantic Salmon A4 Ontario Distribution.jpg
  • 1 A1t Atlantic Salmon A5.jpg
  • 1 A1t Atlantic Salmon A6.jpg

#9 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Well despite the strange misunderstanding that you had about a post heres what I would like to say. I find this very exciting no? True the Asain Carp are coming and will be killing off the fish near the shores of the great lakes. But only fish that spawn at shore will be affected, Trout, Salmon (what Salmon i mean really?), mooneye (who fishes for mooneye?) and perhaps some walleye.  :cry:  But its not like these fish species are going to go extinct around here right? Its not like they are going to able to infest every single little pond right! We will still have Bass, Pike, Panfish, Channel Catfish, brookies, common carp and others.Even if they do, the optismistic thing to do is actually be happy. Wait I know you may all be confused but lets really think about this for a moment. We have mammoth sized herds of 4.5 feet fish, that taste not too bad, coming this way to literally jump in our boats. There will be no fisherman in Urban Ontario that will ever say I haven't caught a trophy fish! We may find that sport fishing will be even more fun, if we don't feel like fishing with rods we can jet ski with a sword in our hand instead (perioa carp hunters video). This could also attract serious tourism to the great lakes and there will never be a time when we don't catch a fish. Remember People that Common Carp, Brown Trout, salmon and even Rainbow trout aren't actually native to the area, they too were "invasive species at one time", yet ppl love to fish for them. The asian carp coming to the great lakes may actually turn out to be a very good thing, in the end. :razz:

#10 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

I don't see any benefit in a fish that is a filter feeder overtaking the great lakes and completely disrupting any balance we have between bait and predatory fish.

#11 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Well despite the strange misunderstanding that you had about a post heres what I would like to say. I find this very exciting no? True the Asain Carp are coming and will be killing off the fish near the shores of the great lakes. But only fish that spawn at shore will be affected, Trout, Salmon (what Salmon i mean really?), mooneye (who fishes for mooneye?) and perhaps some walleye.  :cry:  But its not like these fish species are going to go extinct around here right? Its not like they are going to able to infest every single little pond right! We will still have Bass, Pike, Panfish, Channel Catfish, brookies, common carp and others.Even if they do, the optismistic thing to do is actually be happy. Wait I know you may all be confused but lets really think about this for a moment. We have mammoth sized herds of 4.5 feet fish, that taste not too bad, coming this way to literally jump in our boats. There will be no fisherman in Urban Ontario that will ever say I haven't caught a trophy fish! We may find that sport fishing will be even more fun, if we don't feel like fishing with rods we can jet ski with a sword in our hand instead (perioa carp hunters video). This could also attract serious tourism to the great lakes and there will never be a time when we don't catch a fish. Remember People that Common Carp, Brown Trout, salmon and even Rainbow trout aren't actually native to the area, they too were "invasive species at one time", yet ppl love to fish for them. The asian carp coming to the great lakes may actually turn out to be a very good thing, in the end. :razz:

when they're here...I'm almost certain you'll be singing a different tune....if you think a voracious feeding invasive specie can't wipe out a native specie, you are totally misinformed.

#12 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

Is this guy for real?

#13 ChromeAddict

ChromeAddict

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

It's not even about the sportfishing, its about an invasive fish screwing over a whole ecosystem. Believe it or not, there's more to the Great Lakes than recreational fishing, and there's more to fishing than catching a big fish. 

Btw, salmon, trout and steelhead were introduced, not invasive, and their effects on the Great Lakes are nothing in comparison to what Asian Carp can do.

#14 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

#15 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

Push for a ban on the sale of these live asian carps as a food source in Canada.  Only allow frozen fillets of these Asian Carps to be a food source.  No live ones allowed.  Punish the people transporting live Asian carps severely.  Ban Asian Carps in Canada, the way you banned my Shark Fin Soup... 

#16 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

The remaining asian carps in the wild, can be hunted down for fun like whales with scubba divers and harpoons. 

#17 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Asian carps tastes like poop anyways.  Keep them in Asia for them to eat.  We eat Pickerals/Walleye instead. 

#18 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

HOWEVER, in Japan, the Large Mouth Bass is the invasive species, and they are taking over Japan.  The Japanese said when you catch a LMB, kill it LOL.  Funniest thing is the WORLD RECORD BASS, is currently held by a Japanese fisherman.  That World Record Japanese Bass is tied with the Americans, although heavier by a tiny bit.  Yet the Japanese LMB is larger than any in Canada.  So I do not see any carp a threat to the Bass population.  However, like I said, I don't like invasive species either.  But the European Carps are fun to catch all the time. 

#19 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

My two favourite fishermen are Kevin Van Dam, and This Japanese guy.  I don't need to know his name yet, until I need to know his name.  

Attached Images

• r620-283cf07babfccda60326931a48da60b1.jpg

#20 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

Then there's Dotty, the fouled hooked 25 lb LMB that is black.  That is the largest on record, but didn't quite qualify.