Photo

Invasion Of The Asian Carp Is An Understatement!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

Manabu Kurita,  a name to remember. 

#22 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

If Bass fishing was like Hockey, we Canadians are lagging behind... 

#23 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

ETERNAL GLORY TO THE CANADIAN FISHERMAN WHO CAN SIMULTANEOUSLY KNOCK OFF THE JAPANESE AND AMERICAN LARGEMOUTH BASS WORLD RECORD [MASS]!!!!!! 

#24 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

I came to the conclusion that a native fisherman in Canada was the first to ever catch a largemouth bass with a stick and a line and a hook.  Hence Bass Fishing is Canadian.  This happened before Columbus of course. 

#25 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

This is supported by the ice bridge theory.  

#26 BassWhisperer89

BassWhisperer89

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

What exactly does Asian carp have to do with World record Largemouth Bass, hockey, Columbus, and ice bridges????? I don't know....... 

#27 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Oh yes how dare I, why should anyone possibly try to see a bright side on an impending doom. No lets just stop fishing all together and run home crying once the asian Carp get here, boo hoo hoo. Life is over, well life for the ones who do nothing but fish everyday (have no life) that is. It would just be so terrible to have fish hop right inside your boat.  Or to invent a sport of waterskiing and slicing fish in half with a sword.  No, no, really, I am really I must be so dumb to try to think optimistically about the future of fishing and to comfort fellow fisherman. Shame on me. Stupid Idiots grow up.

#28 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

And people won't ever be able to fish for other species every again because they are just going to invade very little puddle right! Sorry no more multi species fishing for anyone, because they are just going to be f****** everywhere cause u know logic. No more bluegills or even tiny creek chub everything will be gone and there will be 500 carp n a pond living off of vegetation, they have already swallowed. Besides it's not like 10% of people actually fish for carp already right? WHAT DO YOU HATE THEM TOO NOW!!!!! its not like PUMP KNOWS here would have most of his views for his videos on catching an asian carp or seeing them jump, I must be so stupid. Please always remember to take your pills before going online people, you might just turn into an a** if u don't.

#29 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Yup
And we're all going to get nuked
And the Sun is going to burn out
And the fresh water is going to get used up
And a world plague is coming
And California getting swallowed up buy tsunami.
And world wide drought coming
We fight what transpires
Not what may .
Reality is.
FULL SLATE EVERY DAY
That's life
Gone Fishing

#30 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

Amen brother

#31 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

The sun is going to burn out. It is a fact. It is inevitable. Solar nuclear reaction cannot sustain forever. Our star will run out of hydrogen and eventually it will become a brown dwarf. Until then, we have 5 billion year to bicker about Asian Carp, and world wide drought, or global warming.

You know nothing, John Snow.

#32 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

I came to the conclusion that a native fisherman in Canada was the first to ever catch a largemouth bass with a stick and a line and a hook.  Hence Bass Fishing is Canadian.  This happened before Columbus of course. 

Really...who cares. Some of us just go out and fish and post some fishing reports.

#33 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

The sun is going to burn out. It is a fact. It is inevitable. Solar nuclear reaction cannot sustain forever. Our star will run out of hydrogen and eventually it will become a brown dwarf. Until then, we have 5 billion year to bicker about Asian Carp, and world wide drought, or global warming.

You know nothing, John Snow.

Hey. You sound like you think I agree with the narcissistic guy.
I was just pointing out other worldly concerns Which are more alarming. Lol

#34 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hey. You sound like you think I agree with the narcissistic guy.
I was just pointing out other worldly concerns Which are more alarming. Lol

Hey, TI, I know. I got the sarcasm. Mine was a bit lost, I guess.

I'm just trying to diffuse and divert the convo. LOL. So much speculation about nothing...just like Round Goby and Zebra Mussel. All these people talking and posting videos and talk like they know. I've actually been in Illinois and seen it first hand, and caught Silver Carp. At the same spot where I caught Silver Carp, I've caught or seen 15 other native species. It's not all doom and gloom like it is advertised.

#35 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

K.
And your right. Media doom and gloom and all the lobbyists cause the panic.
Sad how were all conditioned to assume anything on the news must be true.
Even sadder those with the money hire these guys.

#36 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Well despite the strange misunderstanding that you had about a post heres what I would like to say. I find this very exciting no? True the Asain Carp are coming and will be killing off the fish near the shores of the great lakes. But only fish that spawn at shore will be affected, Trout, Salmon (what Salmon i mean really?), mooneye (who fishes for mooneye?) and perhaps some walleye.  :cry:  But its not like these fish species are going to go extinct around here right? Its not like they are going to able to infest every single little pond right! We will still have Bass, Pike, Panfish, Channel Catfish, brookies, common carp and others.Even if they do, the optismistic thing to do is actually be happy. Wait I know you may all be confused but lets really think about this for a moment. We have mammoth sized herds of 4.5 feet fish, that taste not too bad, coming this way to literally jump in our boats. There will be no fisherman in Urban Ontario that will ever say I haven't caught a trophy fish! We may find that sport fishing will be even more fun, if we don't feel like fishing with rods we can jet ski with a sword in our hand instead (perioa carp hunters video). This could also attract serious tourism to the great lakes and there will never be a time when we don't catch a fish. Remember People that Common Carp, Brown Trout, salmon and even Rainbow trout aren't actually native to the area, they too were "invasive species at one time", yet ppl love to fish for them. The asian carp coming to the great lakes may actually turn out to be a very good thing, in the end. :razz:

I've seen your videos and I know you are a young guy. So I'll go easy on you.

Before you speak, please check fact, just like your videos as well.

Silver Carp are filter feeder that feed on the bottom of the food pyramid. If too much plankton is removed, it has subsequent effects on the entire food web. So no, not just the shore spawning fish will be affected. Everything will be affected.

Yes, you will still have the small lakes and pond. Silver Carp requires large enough rivers to spawn, so they are not going to establish everywhere. But just the Great Lakes is bad enough.

Saying that, I don't believe it will be as bad as people predicts. Even the scientists can't get it right. They have hyped the prediction and those have failed over and over again (Round Goby, Zebra Mussel, Northern Snakehead, Bullseye Snakehead...etc). But hey, these brilliant fishery people instead introduce fish into native systems in the name of "additional fishing opportunities" and destroy fish populations (Largemouth Bass, Bluegill Sunfish, Blue Catfish in the Potomac for example, and Rainbow Trout in Peru, Largemouth Bass in Japan) and we're supposed to believe they actually know what they talk about? Let's ignore that amount of harm because God-forbid we're creating recreational fishing opportunities with desirable sportfish. The introduction of Smallmouth Bass into the shield lakes did a lot of damage...and OMNR is definitely to blame.

I'm a scientist (well, graduate student...but thinks like a scientist...it's required). And I can tell you that a true scientist will always have a bit of skepticism and uncertainty. Those who really know the issue talks humbly. Those who don't, like people on forums, talk like they know it all. Perhaps read a few published articles on invasive species and go to a few meetings before talking about it...and picking a bone with Pump Knows. PK has actually went to Great Lake meetings about invasive species and Asian Carp. I know because I was there too.

In other news...

I thought you want to make a series of videos to catch all the species in Ontario.

"mooneye (who fishes for mooneye?)"

A lot of people fish for Mooneye. They just don't talk about it or post about it, or YouTube about it. And you better embrace the Mooneye too.

#37 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Well said Muskie.

#38 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Falsely quoting other members is not allowed Fishing Urban. One more strike and you're banned. We do not tolerate people starting trouble between members on purpose.

#39 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

And people won't ever be able to fish for other species every again because they are just going to invade very little puddle right! Sorry no more multi species fishing for anyone, because they are just going to be f****** everywhere cause u know logic. No more bluegills or even tiny creek chub everything will be gone and there will be 500 carp n a pond living off of vegetation, they have already swallowed. Besides it's not like 10% of people actually fish for carp already right? WHAT DO YOU HATE THEM TOO NOW!!!!! its not like PUMP KNOWS here would have most of his views for his videos on catching an asian carp or seeing them jump, I must be so stupid. Please always remember to take your pills before going online people, you might just turn into an a** if u don't.

jMLf2NG.gif

#40 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I know just how much u all love me now. I was blocked for 24hrs so I couldn't respond. If you notice the trend of this forum everyone is attacking each other, so I think it's just a sensitive topic that has everyone so stressed., including mself. I get that your saying we should do research and look past the media but not everyone is a scientist and can attend lectures before commenting on a forum. So teaching would of been the proper path rather than insults. I really can't think of anything to disagree with Muskiebait he seems like a wise dude. Looking back now I see that what I really should of done is report the flaming, but considering that half of them were best friends with the staff I don't it would of done any good. The moment I went too far was when I made the fake messages, I thought it was funny from a certain perspective, u really should have that capability removed. Now seeing that everyone is afraid that I may do that to them, there is no logical reason to do such a thing. I would like to point out though that I was only going to have that comment on until I recieved a slight apology. So u know I mainly was just trying to get the offenders attentions, as most would just ignore a pm. I'm not going to say anything more, I don't think it's even worth the effort. M

Also, it's hard to realize the amount of people that fish for mooneye if they r . . . Too embarassed to post it. (Why would anyone be that way, it's a rare fish I would freak out if caught one!) or just don't have social media.

If you made a comment like mine and got the same reaction, would you of stayed quite and soaked it all in or stood up for yourself and pushed it back to them?